It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2003, 04:40 PM   #1
Inactive

wannabehotguy HB User
Red face Odd stomach issues

Well I am 20 years old. Male. And I've had my drinking days. I've had a stomach/over all digestive system problem for over 6 weeks now. And I've been to 3 MDd already. The results were Gastristus, bacteria, or ulcer. And I've been on medication and it has not gone away by any means. This does not feel like any thing the doctors diagnosed it as. I am having a lot of fullness in the stomach almost 24 hours a day every day, it gets worse when I eat, the feeling is similar to having a tight big rubber band around the stomach. What also I've noticed is that it felt like the disease left my stomach and moved up to my throat for several days and NO it do not feel great. It felt like my entire espophogas was being constricted and even twisted and it was hard to swallow. Then it the feeling went back down to my stomach within a couple days. Then it felt like it moved down towards my bladder area and gave me odd feelings when I urinted. Slight burning urine all the time. And chronic uncomfortable feelings. And then it moves back up to the stomach within several days and stays there for weeks. This cycle occurs off and on BUT the discomfort is pretty much chronic. Also I noticed increased fatigue and weakness if I do any type of VERY slight physical excersise.
But also I've done research and believe it may be a FUNGI infection. Several months before I got this disease I had been doing A LOT of drinking of wine and beer on THREE occasions in the month of april. I got this annoying and scary problem in mid JUNE.

Remember I have no sharp pains (Maybe a couple of pains from GAS). Just an over bad feeling in the stomach. The stools look OK nothing bloody. I did have diarehhia the other day right after I drank milk and the diarehiia had milk in it. ( I never get sick from milk.) The urine tests and blood tests they did 6 weeks ago were FINE. But did they test for FUNGUS in the urine??? who knows.

I hope you guys can help me.

IP: Logged

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2003, 08:54 PM   #2

d. baser HB User
i also think my "ibs" diagnosis is related to a bacteria or fungal infection. i was living in a townhouse that had mold/bacteria in the ceiling due to a faulty roof. i actually remember the day of onset...as if someone was pumping my stomach up whilst having the butterfly's in my stomach. i spent alot of time in this room and subsequently developed chronic gastritus and the classic "ibs" symptoms. but of all of them, the bloating is the worst.

i will continue to pursue this route with my doctor...

Old 08-12-2003, 10:08 PM   #3

j1m9 HB User
For problems with your throat, try looking up acid reflux and gerd. Also, try an acid reducer like Zantac or pepsid. If you have excess acid, you may get diarhea.

I don't know much about fungal infections.

I have always had stomach issues - one time after drinking excessive beer and pop day after day - I started having problems. Dr. thought I might have ulcers. Sonogram was negative.

I suggest avoiding alcohol and caffine. Also, carbohydrates may make it worse. Don't eat before bed. You may want to track what you eat and what types of foods agrivate the problem.

Closed Thread