It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2003, 08:19 AM   #1
(female)

islandgirl HB User
Post 4 questions about IBS

Hi everyone: I've got three questions about IBS.

1. Can IBS cause loose stools that dissolve easily but not exactly watery diahhrea. My stools are more loose than watery. Occasionally there are watery. But they can range from formed, to loose, to watery. But always yellow.

2. Can IBS cause a constant burning like low-grade pain in the abdomen, shifting sides, right or left, but always center.

3. Can IBS cause a lot of gurgling noises all over.

4. Can IBS cause a stool occult blood test to be positive, yet not see any actual blood on stool or paper?

I would really appreciate your responses. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2003, 04:10 PM   #2
(male)

steveo HB User
Thumbs up

hi, the only thing i might be able to help u with is the gurgling noises,i have had ibs for about 5 years and im pretty they r a part of this condition as i have them too

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2003, 11:47 PM   #3
Inactive

descartesmum HB User
Personally I can answer yes to the first 3. The last I don't know. When I passed dried blood it was by being sick. I was diagnosed in 1969.

Old 08-15-2003, 02:12 PM   #4
Inactive

pdrq221 HB User
Your fourth question doesn't make much sense...
the whole point of a fecal occult blood test is to detect blood that you can't see with your naked eye. So asking whether a positive FOBT even though you can't see it, well yes...if it tested positive, that means it found blood in your stool, even if it was only microscopic amounts.

Usually if blood was found your doctor would have discussed with you the findings and their significance, and then would decide upon further treatment and investigation to determine the cause of the GI bleeding.

Closed Thread