It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2003, 03:30 PM   #1
Wilslau

Question False Hunger Pains?

In addition to my earlier post (IBS Newbie), I was wondering if anyone shared the same affliction. I basically get 2 types of stomach aches - One is just a nauseous, sick feeling, while the other feels more like hunger pains, even though I had just eaten, or know I am not hungry.

Also, when I do get hungry for real, it is not the normal hungry feeling, but is more painful and intense.

Any IBS sufferers out there who can relate, or know what might be causing it? It is things like these that cause me to disagree with my Dr's diagnosis of IBS. I have tried to explore other avenues, but doctors can be so difficult!!!

Thanks for any help/suggestions.

Old 08-14-2003, 12:30 PM   #2

WeepingWillow HB User
I have been trying to find out about my false hunger pains for the past year. I have seen serveral doctor's and none can give me a definative answer.
They assumed it was acid reflux, but I tried serveral different medications for it and nothing worked. I feel it may be an ulcer but they could not find one when they did an Upper GI. I also get the nauseous when I don't have the hunger feeling. I have one or the other all the time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2003, 06:10 AM   #3
Wilslau

Interesting Willow....I also thought it was an ulcer, but was on ulcer meds for a month and it didn't work. I have also tried Maalox/Pepto for these pains (as I thought it may be acid realted) and they don't seem to help either.

I don't know if this actually works or I just think it works but I have tried using an anti-gas pill for the false hunger pain type stomach aches....The one I use is called Ovol 180 - it is a Simethicone based softgel.

I thought to use these cause I always get some relief from burping and thought it might be gas related. Maybe it's all in my head (I don't use them very often), but may be worth a try for you.

Hope this helps....

Old 08-21-2003, 12:30 PM   #4

enb777 HB User
Hi I had that feeling also and I use to eat every 2 to 3 hours .( gained weight also) Since I have been talking AcipHex for my acid problem and Pamine for my IBS I don`t have that hunger so bad Eating very often and a little I think is very helpfull.

Closed Thread