It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2003, 08:21 PM   #1

terri48 HB User
Post Colonoscopy Tomorrow- When will runs stop??

I took 2 doses of Fleet Phospho Soda as directed on the sheet I was given. It's now after 10 p.m. and every two minutes I am in the bathroom. It's coming out of me like water, which is what's supposed to happen.

How are they going to do the colonoscopy if I still am pouring out water? Should it stop by noon tomorrow? Also, what can I put on the soreness on my anus? Every time I go it burns really badly. I tried Vaseline but it's not helping.

This whole thing is awful, the prep, the fear of tomorrow and not being fully asleep (even though they said I will have no awareness) and worst of all, the results. If this were just a routine colonoscopy, I wouldn't be so scared but I have had diarrhea for 2 months and am petrified of what's causing it.

I am rambling because I am scared but mainly want to know when these "runs" will stop...has anyone gone for the colonoscopy while they are still running to the bathroom? What does the dr. do if this is happening? Thank you in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2003, 08:59 PM   #2

Trinity303 HB User
I had a colonoscopy not long ago. I was terrified also, especially about not being fully out. But relaly, the procedure is painless. You have the worst part overwith. I think maybe when they saw how nervous I was, they put me fully to sleep, because I jsut woke up and everything was done. As for the night before, I was in theb athroom every two seconds also. If you jsut go to bed and try to sleep, I think eventually it will stop being so urgent. Thats what I did. Also, you could try putting some cortizone (spelled wrong) on it, or some kind of cream for hemmerhoids. That will hopefully make you feel more comfortable. I wish you luck for tomorrow, and sleep well and relax. Goodnight.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2003, 02:14 AM   #3

adso HB User
Probably too late now, but it usually stops before the event (if you follow the instructions of no liquid from midnight the night before (from memory)). I actually had one last bathroom trip while I was waiting to go into the operating theatre. But its not a biggy, by that time its just basically water anyway.

As for relief for your poor old bum, theres lots of haemorroid creams out there, but someone here suggested vasoline, and thats as good as anything Id have to agree, its nothign fancy, just a good barrier to avoid friction.

Old 12-18-2003, 08:56 AM   #4
(male)

j0hnny HB User
Re: Colonoscopy Tomorrow- When will runs stop??

is vaseline safe to get inside your anus? i heard it can cause infection is that true.

Old 12-19-2003, 10:40 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

engineer1961 HB Userengineer1961 HB User
Re: Colonoscopy Tomorrow- When will runs stop??

Yes it's safe to use and causes no infections ,they just don't recoment using it with a condom but i don't think any of us would dare that even on a great day.But for lubrication it's excellent and cheap and some days worth it's weight in gold .

Closed Thread