It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2003, 08:29 PM   #1

McClane HB User
Post The 4 year plague

Hey everyone, I've been having trouble with my bowels now for four years. I'm 24 years old and prior to 4 years ago never had trouble. One thing I use to do though back in those days would be occassionally hold my bowel movements if I was away from home. Now my problem isn't severe to the extent that I have to run to the bathroom, but I do have a lot of other problems. I have the problem where when I go I don't feel I've fully evacuated. Sometimes though I go and I don't have that feeling too much. I also get the bloated sensation a lot too where my stomach is gassy and noisy. Like this morning I'm in one of my college classes and my stomach is bloated gassed up, but I was also very nervous cause I had to go up and present something to the class. Once I returned to my seat after presenting, my stomach was much better though I still had a slight sensation to go though. The frustrating thing about it was the class was at 11:00am and I had moved my bowels before going to school at 8:30am. Taking showers are extremely frustrating because I'll have this slight funny sensation inside my rectum which usually comes from being gassy or just a sensation I get that is really funny when water hits the rectum area. A lot of times I'll get out of the shower and have to move my bowels even though I may have tried to go before getting in the shower. The big problem is that it always feels like there is feces sitting right above my anus even after I've just gone the restroom. The times when I get out of the shower and I don't have to move bowels I get concerned if I'm clean enough in my rectum area cause with the sensation it'll feel like a slight bit of feces are coming through the anus. A lot of times I take long showers because I want to make sure it is clean in that area. Concerning the feces coming through the anus though, I'm not referring to a big amount, barely even enough to really show on toilet paper, but a slight bit. Infact sometimes when I have to move my bowels I'll wipe before going and a tiny tiny amount of feces will be on the paper. Very tiny though, I"d say microscopic but obviously you can see it. Maybe that's normal I don't know, but I figure it's a weak sphincter muscle. It's been difficult figuring out food culprits, though it seems like milk and wheat and soda are the biggies though some days I can eat wheat and it's not a problem. Milk and soda always seem to be though. I just get tired of trying new things over and over again with nothing helping. Besides the IBS, I have the slight hemmorhoid too. It's hard to get rid of that because I have to wipe a lot after a bowel movement. It's just a pain hanging with friends figuring they don't have these problems which I'm sure they don't. I hate when I'm with friends and have to move the bowels cause I take a long time. Like 10 minutes. And it's really frustrating sometimes lying close to the girlfriend and having the stomach girgle, though I really don't get the girgling stomach too often. Again the biggest problems for me is the shower and having feces in my opinion sitting low on my rectum and this sensation like the feces could or are coming through the anus, almost like I have a weak sphincter muscle which maybe I do.
I really could use some help/advice though cause I've practically given searching for a miracle cure and figured I'd just have to live with it.

Thanks,

McClane

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread