It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2003, 05:17 AM   #1

moesymo HB User
Post What helps morning "movement"?

I have had terrible IBS (constipation side) since I can remember. It has gotton a little better with some supplements and fiber but I find that I have to have coffee in the morning to help facilitate a movement. It is actually a ritual for me now, I have to have peace and quiet and drink coffee for anywhere up to 1 to 2 hours. Does anyone else experience this? I am too afraid to stop drinking coffe for fear that I will not go without the push. Does anything else work? It becomes a problem when I want to participate in early morning activites or even travelling. HELP!!

Old 07-05-2003, 09:21 AM   #2
(female)

palominogirl HB User
Hi, try taking 2 magnesium tablets at night before bed and then in the morning sit on the toilet for awhile and you will go automatically, even tho you may not feel like you have to go at first. You may need to adjust how many tablets you take. Sometimes I take 3 at night. A friend told me about this and it's been a miracle worker.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2003, 05:00 PM   #3

adso HB User
Can I ask why you guys are looking for movement in the morning? As opposed to whenever/whereever?

I kinda figured your body tells you when it needs to go, I usually find I go in the morning, and then some other time during the day too. The morning one seems to come after a certain period of being up & walking around etc i.e. by the time I get to work.

Old 08-27-2003, 10:34 PM   #4

mjnish HB User
try drinking hot water. it really helps to go. the
water needs to be as hot as you can take it without
burning yourself.

Closed Thread