It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2003, 04:35 PM   #1

rezna HB User
Thumbs down Really bad IBS

I have sever IBS. 6/7. im wondering if anyone has a good cure for the diarrhea feeling i get that comes out constapated. seriously, i will feel like im going to have diarrhea, then i can't go at all. it's horrible. i've tried medicines, i've tried homeopathy, fiber, SSRIs cause im depressed and anxious, too. I even got the book "the vicious cycle" because it has a diet for those suffering from IBS, but that didn't really help either. my doctors tell me that IBS is really just a thing you say when you can't figure out what the problem is. I am also allergic to fructose. WEEEEEE. anyone have any suggestions?

Old 08-29-2003, 10:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

suzyshop1 HB User
Wish i did or i wouldnt be on ths board.

------------------

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2003, 06:11 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

Sarah68 HB User
Talking

To help this problem I think you are going to have to work more on reducing your anxiety rather than your IBS. This seems to be the cause of your IBS and if you treat the cause rather than the symptoms you are more likely to achieve better results.

Also, you said that you have tried homeopathy? Well, it does work, however it is not a quick fix by any means and will not work overnight to cure you. It will have to unravel a lot of layers so to speak. Also, to you just use self-prescribed remedies or did you actually see an ND or a homeopath? If not, then I would suggest you go and see one and get a good constitutional remedy. This is the kind of homeopathy that does work, because it acts at a very deep level, rather than just treating the pathological layer.

Good luck

Closed Thread