It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2003, 07:36 AM   #1

CLEL HB User
Unhappy do u think it's ibs???

ok, I know someone on here will be able to help me out with this.
I am stumped as is my family physician.
I have had abdominal pain for about six months straight now. The kind you get when you really have to have a BM. I have this pain every day, and sometimes go to the bathroom 4-5 times. I don't really have Diarrhea, except if I go out drinking, and I'm not constipated.
My doc doesn't know what it could be, because I also don't have any blood or mucus in my stool,and he has sent me for urine, blood and stool samples and they all came back negative. But still this uncomfortable pain has lasted for 6 months now, every day.
Does this sound like ibs???
My doctor is sending me to a gastroenterologist sometime soon, but i get the feeling that nobody is taking me seriously because I don't have any "serious" symptoms. Can somebody please give me their opinion? it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2003, 11:20 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
The symptoms of IBS are very specific. But, they vary for us all. It really sounds like you have 1 or more trigger foods or drinks that is called food intolerance as well as drink intolerances. Beer could cause it. Usually the big offenders are wheat and dairy products.

My wife gets diarrhea with less than one cup of coffee.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2003, 10:41 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

suzyshop1 HB User
What does the pain feel like,where exactly on the abdomen?

Closed Thread