It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2003, 05:10 PM   #1

Whatsup HB User
Post Weird problem when eating...IBS?

Hey guys,
I have this really weird problem with loose stools or even full diarrhea at times. The weird thing is that I can eat ANYTHING I want after a certain time in the day. After 9-10 pm I can eat pretty much anything from fast food to healthy food it doesn't matter. However during the day almost everything I eat makes me have to go to the bathroom...and it can be anywhere from 5 mins after I eat to an hour after I eat. I have tried imodium and it seems to somewhat work for me...I would say 50/50 but what does this problem sound like to you guys?! I am a young guy in mid 20's. IT is very annoying!!!!!! Please help!

thanks

Old 08-30-2003, 10:11 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

suzyshop1 HB User
Around 9 or 10 are you usually at home?I find that my ibs acts up alot less at night for some reason.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2003, 05:11 PM   #3

Bradly HB User
I am not sure why but I am the same way. The part I hate about it the most is that I end up eating more food at night than earlier in the day and that doesn't help keep weight off. I have asked several doctors over the years about this and I have never been given an answer. It just shows how advanced the medical world really is!

Old 08-31-2003, 05:50 PM   #4

adso HB User
I dont believe the Medical world will ever be able to understand ALL aspects of the human body (especially the brain and our thinking).

So it makes a lot of sense to take responsibility for your own body; were the ones feeding it, experiencing the symptoms and having the thoughts & stresses that cause IBS. Its good to be able to come here and share experiences and ideas, but in the end its those food diaries, dietary elimination & relaxation techniques that are the solutions. Sadly they are the hardest solutions to implement, which is assumably why we all initially look for some easier answers.

----------------------------------------------
Btw. My IBS almost always kicks in during the evening, there seems to be a lot of ppl in these forums who are 'one or the other', i.e. AM or PM IBS sufferers.

Closed Thread