It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2003, 09:57 PM   #1

qsph21 HB User
Post how often is your pain/discomfort?

I've got a few questions for everyone here, just to satisfy my curiosity than anything else. First, how often is your pain usually? Is it predominantly vague/annoying pain and discomfort that you experience 24/7? Or is it usually a certain amount of time after eating? And if so, does it only happen after eating certain foods, and you're 100% fine if you avoid those triggers? Last one...is the pain and discomfort consistent or does it change in location or type and severity?

Old 07-13-2003, 08:35 AM   #2

DARRYLCANADA HB User
SEEMS like no matter what i do i still have pain every morning.sometimes worse then others.usally in the same spot lower left side then it moves to my back.once it moves i know i will be feeling better within an hour or so most times

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2003, 02:12 AM   #3

adso HB User
My pain is random, but averages once every 2 months. The pain happens a few hours after eating (usually). And lasts from 6-12 hours. The pain is incredibly painful, but can vary in intensity sometimes.

Triggers are usually food, stress or sometimes nothing obvious.... But you can read that from other posts here, have a read, there is a wide diversity of pain, duration and triggers around.

Old 07-14-2003, 07:18 AM   #4

Dai HB User
Before I did anything to my diet, my pain was constant from the moment that I woke up to the moment I fell asleep. That went on for about 2 months. Now I have pain only occassionally, if I have eaten or drank something that doesn't suit me. Usually I experience the pain the next morning, but it fades away rather fast. Now I understand better what my triggers are and I avoid them the best I can.

Old 08-30-2003, 09:26 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

suzyshop1 HB User
I have pain on and off especially if i eat something fiberous.Alot of the time i have problems, is when im heading out the door.Doesnt matter where,most of the time i cant eat when im out.Makes you feel miserable.

------------------

Old 08-31-2003, 08:32 PM   #6

Frustrated1 HB User
In the beginning my pain was constant, I would be either in heavy havey pain or so tried afterwards that I could only stay in bed. Once I found out my triggers, the symptoms and associated pain is cut down to about an hour to two hours after I eat the offending food to about a day or a day and half afterwards. It is very encouraging to see the difference so I do what I can to avoid the foods I know will trigger a IBS episode.

Closed Thread