It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2003, 06:18 AM   #1
(female)

Dazey99 HB User
Post white or sometimes yellowish mucus

Hi.
I am a 40 something healthy woman. Occasionally when I go to move my bowels I will see what looks like a small amount of white (sometimes maybe yellowish not sure)mucus present.(On the toilet tissue I mean-not in the actual bowl.)
I really don't have any constipation or diarrhea ever but there may be one or two foods that make me go quicker to the bathroom (but nothing severe at all.)I'm also a person that has some anxiety too.
My question is should I try some kind of fiber therapy to help this? Does that help get rid of any mucus?

I should mention I've had a routine stool test for blood which was negative.
Thanks for any info.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2003, 07:55 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Arrow

I am a big believer in taking a water soluble fiber supplement like psyllium. It is a bowel regulator and intestinal cleaner.

Everybody needs 20 to 30 grams of fiber daily to make their intestines move properly. It is somewhat difficult to make sure you get enough of the right kind of fiber in today's diet that contains alot of food that is processed.

Everybody produces mucus from their mouth to there anus. Also, there are many mucus producing foods like dairy products as well as many others. Mucus should be cleaned out as much as possible because it interferes with nutrient absorption as food particles pass through different parts of your small intestines. You can use more raw fruit and veggies or take fiber supplement.

All meats, seafood and dairy products contain NO fiber. If you're gettting too much mucus on a regular basis --- you need to eat more foods that contain fiber.

I wish you well---Harry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2003, 08:51 AM   #3
(female)

Dazey99 HB User
Okay now I see it.
What you said makes sense.
I will start taking a fiber supplement asap as I know that can't hurt.
Just wasn't sure if this was anything to run to a Doctor for.
Thanks very much Harry.

Closed Thread