It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2003, 03:41 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

upshutter17 HB User
Post Got A Question

What are some symptoms of IBS? My family is convinced that's what I have. Anyways, I wanted to know of symptoms of IBS. Please help. Thanks ahead.
Upshutter

------------------
~I am but one small instrument~
~Smile, you live longer~
Paradigm shift to proactivity saves lives.
A smile will save this world, some of us just don't know that yet.

Old 08-29-2003, 10:51 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

suzyshop1 HB User
Gas ,pain, bloating, constipation,diahrrea the feeling when you go ,you havent finished.Spasms sometimes in your bowels.Urgency.

------------------

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2003, 03:53 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

upshutter17 HB User
Constant pain? What type of pain?

------------------
~Smile, you live longer~

Old 08-31-2003, 06:06 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

suzyshop1 HB User
No i have pain off and on.I alternate between constipation and diahrrea.The pains can sometimes be sharp, or like a cramping menstral pain.

------------------

Old 08-31-2003, 07:54 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattys HB User
Talking

I don't have constant pain either. It is on and off. I get cramps in lower pelvic area when my IBS flares. When I am anxious My Ibs gets real bad and I am constantly in the bathroon with loose stools.

Old 09-01-2003, 02:22 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

upshutter17 HB User
Ok, here's the deal. I am always stuck between being really constapated, or having really bad diarrhea. I have gas like a madwoman....and as embarrassing as it is, it smells. When I get all nervous, anxious, or panicky, BOOM! I'm right on that toilet for hours. My brother is completely convinced I have IBS. I don't think so, but then again I have NO idea what the heck it is. Do these sound like symptoms? Wouldn't be a good idea to go see a doc?lol. Anywho, I wanted to know what you guys think. Thanks to all who posted!!!
Appreciative,
Upshutter

------------------
~Smile, you live longer~

Old 09-01-2003, 11:32 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattys HB User
Talking

upshutter,

I have IBS and when I get anxious or nervous I am on the toilet forever. My dr. told me I have a nervous bowel. It alsways overreacts to stress. It sounds like you are the same way.

If you are really concerned you can go to your dr. Just so you can have your own piece of mind.

Take Care
cattys

Old 09-01-2003, 03:04 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

upshutter17 HB User
I'm not really that concerned. I just really hate how my family is always trying to say I have IBS, when I'm not sure about it. I just wanted to know what the symptoms were like so maybe I could prove I don't. I do have a nervous bowel....that's for sure. Thank God someone out there has it too....I'm sure others do too, right? Thanks for your post Cattys. I appreciate it a lot. Take care.
Upshutter

------------------
~Smile, you live longer~

Old 09-02-2003, 02:26 PM   #9

Bradly HB User
I know the symtpoms I get are extreme muscle spasms in my abdominal area usually followed by a gurgling sound and I usually have to go to the bathroom immediately after that. The pain lasts until I have completely finished going to the bathroom but I always still feel like I need to go to the bathroom again once I am done. For me it is always like I am constipated but with a loose watery stool. I will have a normal stool once every few months at the most. My stomach is also usually very naseaus(sp) a little bit after I eat food. I have gone through several tests to make sure my problem is nothing else but the doctors could not find anything. Hopefully some test will be able to prove IBS eventually.

Old 09-03-2003, 10:08 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

worrywort HB Userworrywort HB Userworrywort HB User
upshutter, I didn't even know I had ibs untill my doc did a colonoscopy on me after there was a little blood in my stool, it turned out I had stomach spasms(ibs)and internal hemroids. I get all of the same symptoms you do, I know it is from my anxiety disorder my doc sais they go hand in hand. good luck and hope you feel better.

Old 09-03-2003, 10:52 AM   #11
Senior Veteran

Sarah68 HB User
Talking

Bradly,

Unfortunately, there is no test for IBS. IBS is not a pathological disease, but a syndrome as its name denotes, so the diagnosis of IBS is actually made by excluding all other causes for your problems.

If all your others tests have come back NAD, then you will have a diagnosis of IBS.

Old 09-03-2003, 07:43 PM   #12
Veteran
(female)

upshutter17 HB User
Thanks you guys for replying. I'm in the process of switching docs. When I get my new one, I'm going to see what's happening. Thanks all.
Upshutter

------------------
~Smile, you live longer~

Closed Thread