It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2003, 09:20 PM   #1

terri48 HB User
Post Gas Pains In One Spot?

I have had a pain on and off around my waist area on the right side today. I recently had a cat scan and other tests so I know I don't have gallstones, etc. Does anyone have one spot on their abdomen where they feel pain more often than others? Could this be a "gas pocket?" This scares me because I think something is wrong with that part of my intestine and when the pain returns, I debate going to the E.R. but every time I have in the past, they find nothing. Can gas hurt around the waist area and has anyone had such pains lasting a day or more? Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2003, 04:49 AM   #2

Vandamme82 HB User
Hello there. I get a pain over the area immediately surrounding my belly button. We all have sensitive guts and our abdominal muscles too are sensitive. They could be gas related or they could be just down to having a sensitive gut. Try using a hot water bottle and resting it against the area. It should help relax that area. Try it! :-)

Take care.

vandamme82

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2003, 07:20 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

suzyshop1 HB User
Where exactly on your waist and what kind of pain?

------------------

Old 08-31-2003, 08:30 PM   #4

terri48 HB User
It is right at the waistline itself but to the right, like a sticking pain rather than a bellyache dull pain. I recently had a colonoscopy but that just covered the lower area, so I will see what further tests they will do.

Old 09-04-2003, 08:04 PM   #5
(female)

BlueEyezzMel HB User
I've been dealing with the same exact thing..In the same exact place!!! I was even considering going to the doctor about this. It doesn't happen all the time, but I do get the pain on my waistline...Hmm...It's just on the left side....

Do you think I should have that checked out?

Life DOES get better eventually....

Old 09-04-2003, 08:10 PM   #6

terri48 HB User
Blue Eyes, I feel we should always check out any kind of pain. I'll be having a sonogram within the next week or so, just to check or gallstones or anything else. Maybe your doctor can start with that, something totally easy and non-invasive. Then maybe a cat scan. Although I just had a colonoscopy, I hate the thought of an endoscopy, where they put the tube down into your stomach...eech. I also had a barium swallow test, that was easy, jst have to drink this obnoxious stuff but then it's painless and easy. So see what he says, but please check it out. Hopefully, in both our cases, it will turn out to be nothing but gas.

Closed Thread