It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2003, 05:36 PM   #1

gassy1 HB User
Smile New to group

I just wanted to talk a moment and introduce myself. My name is Heather I'm 26 and I have had IBS-D for 8+ years. I came to this board for support and to meet others with IBS. Please be patient with me because I will have a ton of questions. I have only been recently diagnosed with IBS but I know that I have had it for a while. Anyway, I won't ramble on anymore. Thanks for listening!

Heather

Old 09-07-2003, 06:00 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Heather,
Welcome to the boards!!! I suggest you read over some of the questions that have been posted. But, feel free to ask anything you want--- some will reply.

Harry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2003, 06:23 PM   #3

juliecristie HB User
I'm new myself! I have just been diagnosed last week, I am so happy to be on zelnorm, I feel so much better no more pain and no more trips to the ER!!

Old 09-07-2003, 06:41 PM   #4

gassy1 HB User
Thanks Harry and Juliecristie! I don't know if I should post this or not but I just left another group (not being very supportive of others) to join this one! I am so glad that I found this BB!! Juliecristie glad the Zelnorm is working unfortunately I can't take it because I am IBS-D. I am taking Questran for it though and it seems to be working-YIPEE! Just wanted to say thanks to the both of you.

Heather

Old 09-08-2003, 10:31 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Katie G HB UserKatie G HB User
Smile

Hi Heather. Welcome to the boards. As a fellow IBS-D sufferer (20+ years!) I can tell you that this board is truly a wonderful place to vent and get advice. I see you're on Questran. I started taking Colestid a year ago after ending up bile salt diarrhea from gall bladder removal (think IBS-D worsened 1,000%!) and have had great luck with it too. How long have you been taking the Questran? Keep on writing!

Katie G

Old 09-08-2003, 03:47 PM   #6

gassy1 HB User
Thanks for the welcome Katie G! Well I have been on Questran only for about a week but it's great! I have not had my gallbladder removed though. My doctor prescribed it to me after I tried different doses of Levsin which did not help at all-just made me sleepy http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/yawn.gif My doc also put me on a lactose free diet (I haven't been following it like I should) because anything dairy makes me trot to the bathroom!! Thank you for the support and welcome.

Heather

Old 09-08-2003, 05:13 PM   #7

AngelGlow HB User
Hiya Heather,

I figured this was a good place to thank you for sharing this sight with me. I have been IBS-D for 25 years. I was on Levbid (much like Levsin) and found the side effects to be worse than my IBS symptoms. Write to me anytime you like on the boards... and again... thanks!!!

Valerie

Posting email addresses is not allowed on healthboards.
moderator4

[This message has been edited by moderator4 (edited 09-08-2003).]

Old 09-09-2003, 03:36 PM   #8

gassy1 HB User
Valerie I'm glad you joined ! I do have your email address and if you still have mine you are more then welcome to email me! Just a side not I will be on vacation next week-haven't had one in 2 years! I do agree with the Levbid/Levsin it did me more aggrivation then good. Last night I made the big mistake of drinking chocolate milk (my favorite.) I was in the bathroom for 30 minutes-seemed like hours and then I couldn't even stand up straight afterwards. I wish I could have a normal stomach like everyone else I know . Oh well I guess it's just something I will have to deal with from now on. Okay I'll stop blabbering now! Take care.

Heather

I am so glad you joined http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bang.gif

[This message has been edited by gassy1 (edited 09-09-2003).]

Closed Thread