It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2003, 12:02 PM   #1

poopoopaul HB User
Exclamation I NEED HELP FAST

I NEED HELP FAST!!
I start my senior year of high school in about 3 days and i have a horrible problem with my stomach making those stupid noises. I was wanting to know if ANYONE knows a solution to this problem as in something i can take before i go to school or even before class. I have heard that Gas X, Imodium, and Tums have stopped the noises, but i have not tried it. Please somebody help me!! Thanks

Old 08-08-2003, 12:33 PM   #2

andyM HB User
What kinds of noises? Do you have gas? Are you farting? Or is more like rumbling like you are hungry? Do you have any Bowel problems?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2003, 12:59 PM   #3

poopoopaul HB User
I am not farting and I dont have gas. It is just my stomach is growling even though I am not hungry. I dont have any bowel problems.

Old 08-08-2003, 08:53 PM   #4
Inactive

pdrq221 HB User
It's probably just normal (although exaggerated) sounds from your bowels. I don't believe they are dangerous or harmful, but they can be annoying. Sometimes people get these along with cramps and spasms. If you haven't, I suggest you go see a doctor just to rule out possibility of any problems (borborygmus is sometimes associated with diseases like Crohn's). If not, you can still get a temporary prescription. An anticholinergic/antispasmodic would probably calm down your smooth muscle contractions... Levbid (hyoscyamine) was prescribed for me once with my IBS, and it also totally eliminated audible noises from my stomach/bowel area.

Old 09-09-2003, 06:11 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

suzyshop1 HB User
Poopoopaul can you take a granola bar or breakfast bar with you to class.Eat it before you go in the classroom.When i was in school had the same exact problem.Im a girl so i solved my problem by carrying a piece of bread in my purse.I ate it before going into class,Ha ha.

------------------

Closed Thread