It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2003, 01:25 PM   #1

PACKERS26 HB User
Question ibs-c sufferers

my question is for the people who suffer from long spells of constipation. I have taken all kinds of different products to help with the constipation, and they do exactly what they are supposed to do, they soften up my stools by adding more water. But the problem is that no matter how watery and soft the bm;s are, I still have to Push to get them out. Is this just normal for a ibs-c person, or do I have some sort of blockage that is causeing this reaction. I get lot of pain and discomfort down on the lower left part of my mid section??

P.S. Another wierd thing is no matter how little I go, I automatically sinks to the bottom of the toilet?

Thanks

Old 09-11-2003, 03:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Sarah68 HB User
Talking

If you had any kind of blockage, then you would really know about it. You would have severe pain and you would not be able to have a BM at all and you would be vomiting fecal matter most likely.

You would not be able to pass gas or eat either.

This is all part of IBS and it sounds like you are very constipated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2003, 07:39 PM   #3

PACKERS26 HB User
It just seems wierd that I am that constipated when the stools are so soft. I am also never able to pass and matter of any size. When I take fiber it feels as if it is bulking up, but it is balked up to big for me to pass. Everything that exits is small. Is that normal to other IBS-c sufferers?

I don't vomit fecal matter!! thank god, But I do have a hard time swallowing things when I am like this. I almost vomit stuff up when I burp. Sounds fun doesn't it!!!

Old 09-14-2003, 11:48 AM   #4

katalina999 HB User
I read in a book for IBS that thin stool could be the result of spasms in your colon. The spasms contract the colon, thereby making the stool thinner than normally. There are certain herbs that can reduce the spasms. I believe, they include fennel, caraway seeds and anise. You can add them to your foods/salads. When you said that fiber makes the stool to thick to pass, were you talking about taking fiber products, or fiber through cereal? I find that fiber (from foods) and yogurt really helped me constipation. It's worth a try. Even if you are lactose intolerant, I read on this board several times that yogurt doesn't contain a lot of lactose, and, therefore, a lot of times lactose-intolerant people can eat it anyway. Be well.

Closed Thread