It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2003, 10:53 AM   #1
(female)

debdaniel HB User
Post ISB or Appendix?

I posted this on the Digestion board too. Several weeks ago I saw the GI doc for abdominal pains, nausea. Have had ulcers in the past. He gave me Protonix for the ucler. Pain below the breastbone is better. But, still have pains lower. Called and he gave Bentyl for IBS. I have taken meds as I should and added Metamucil wafers. Some pains are gone, but the one in my right side below rib cage. It is there almost all the time. I have changed my sleeping position too in hopes it was the problem. Today the pain is stronger. I am to see the doc again on 9/29. I don't know whether to call him or not. It has not been bad enough to go to ER but sometimes as been close to it. It is there all the time. If it were appendix, wouldn't there be fever?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2003, 02:14 PM   #2

JanettoB HB User
You don't have to have fever with an appendicitis. My son had only a slight pain now and then for three days.......then he called from school one day to say he was feeling lousy but no excruciating pain.

Anyway, a white blood count was done and was very elevated.....meaning an infection. Had an emergency appendectomy. Doctor said it took the blue ribbon for the largest appendix he had taken out.....and he'd been practicing for over 40 years. Thank God it hadn't ruptured!!! Janetto

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread