It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2003, 11:38 AM   #1

waves8 HB User
Exclamation LOUD noises from intestines

I recently posted a topic about intestine noises and it wouldnt let me reply so I'm starting a new topic. I have very loud noises coming from my lower stomach, around the intestines I would guess. It is very disturbing and very embarassing. It is not from being hungry because I can eat a whole feast and it will still do it. I dont know if I have IBS or not, but I need something that will help these noises stop. It's ruining my life because I cant sit in quiet places or just be with my friends and live a normal life. I wondered if changing my diet would help because I do eat alot of spicey foods such as mexican. i eat alot of pizza all the time. so, what foods would you recommend for a healthy diet that would possibly stop these noises. It may just be gas, I'm not sure. Or what else would you recommend I do? Please please PLEASE help me or give me any advice if you can. I NEED THIS TO STOP! thanks

Old 07-23-2003, 12:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Sarah68 HB User
Talking

I think I replied to your last post and unfortunately, this is a perfectly normal function of your GI system. Basically, it is known as bowel sounds and can be heard by putting a stethoscope on your belly. It is normal to hear these sounds and is the muscular contractions of the intestines - nothing you can do about it. It is when these sounds stop that you need to worry, as this can indicate an intestinal obstruction.

You would probably do better to look at the anxiety issues surrounding this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2003, 02:37 PM   #3
(female)

Dancerchic HB User
Unhappy

I have a similar problem. Not always, but 90% of the time after I eat my stomach produces rumbling noises I cannot control. I get gas or these fizzing sensations in my lower right side or left depending on the day. It's very embarrasing and i'm having anxiety problems because of it. I'm a student and I've had to skip classes lately because i can't sit there. Any minute I feel as if i'll die of embarassement. I get hot flashes and feel like i'll black out. help@!

Old 09-27-2003, 07:51 AM   #4

nightangel00 HB User
Damn its gotta be something that helps!! I have had a lot of stomach problems the last 5 months, diarreah mainly, but it is constrolled now but the freaking rumbling doesnt seem to stop and it could get worse if i have diearreah so I dont think its normal. And I dont think this can possibly be normal because 6 months back I didnt had any unless i was hungry. Lets keep this post up. I heard that lowering carbs help but Im afraid to try that. Last time I lowered the carbs I got sick and freaked out. I was thinking of trying an antigas to see how that goes but since the diearreah has gone I dont want to try something that mess up the colon again. Doctors wont tell you nothing that helps with this annoying rumbling sucks.

Old 09-27-2003, 09:52 AM   #5

Kerry B HB User
I have the exact same problem and it also causes me a lot of anxiety...panic attacks when the rumbling starts etc. I also heard that cutting out carbs help so Ive been trying this and so far it has helped a lot but not completely, but the noises and general unsettled feeling has got to a point where I can cope with it. Im also on a very low dose antidepressant which is suposed to help with activity in the intestines, but Im not sure whether thats working or not cos I cut out carbs at the same time...hope this helps someone cos I know the rumbling thing is awful!

Closed Thread