It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2003, 02:13 AM   #1

gsilva HB User
Post LOOSE STOOLS

I`ve had loose stools for over 3 months now on a daily basis. I also get ocassional bad stitch pains on the right side of my belly button, this subsides after eating. I tend to find that my stools are worse after eating fatty foods. I feel that maybe my liver is struggling to breakdown these fats. Can anyone advise what I should do - I have no other symptons. Please help !!

Old 07-14-2003, 03:57 AM   #2

TaniaF HB User
i get loose stools that also give me a pinch at the waistline and low rib area. Maybe this is from the rush of the stool through the colon. With IBS our colonic system is out of sync. Would love to hear from others about this?
Tania

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2003, 05:18 AM   #3

gsilva HB User
Thanks for that Tania - My doctor thinks I should possibly have a gastcrocophy and a colonoscopy, just to make sure there`s nothing too serious wrong although he thinks its probably a form of IBS. I must admit it is worrying as I`m 39 and never had problems in that area before (especially as its every day and its been 4 months ) - I`d be grateful for feedback from any others in the same situation as myself. Thanks !

Old 07-14-2003, 10:19 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Katie G HB UserKatie G HB User
Smile

Hi there. Your symptoms could be related to gall bladder disease or an ulcer. It's important to see your doctor regarding your concerns and let them decide if it's IBS after ruling out other digestive disorders.

Good luck and keep us posted,
Katie G

Old 07-22-2003, 04:02 AM   #5

gsilva HB User
Thumbs up

WOW - My sister is a nutritionalist.

She insisted that my problems came under the umbrella of IBS. Also a fatty liver. I cut out Fat, Bread (Wheat) aswell as Fructose and sugar.

My bowels are near perfect for the first time in months. I`m also a lot more lively, fitter and stronger (Although, she says this is because I`ve cut out the wheat which is very draining.) I`m not sure what the biggest problem food was to me - so I`II re-introduce each one slowly and see what happens. I still get the strange dull pain in my right hand side, below the ribs - she says this is linked. My 11 blood tests all came back negative, so I`ve scrapped the idea of the gastrocophy and colonoscopy. I`ve gone for my sisters treatment of castor Oil packing and enemas (not at the same time !!)

Good luck to you all

Old 08-02-2003, 10:56 AM   #6

gsilva HB User
Well - interesting developments. I`ve been off wheat for 3 weeks and just this morning I had two pieces of toast........1 hour later bad tummy pains, particularly under right rib....and weird stools later in the day...loose ish and pastey - Could I be a celiac ??

Any ideas anyone ?

Old 08-02-2003, 09:17 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
It sorta sounds like gallbladder pain--- I also think you really need to see a Doctor. It could be Celiac but you still need a diagnosis!!!

Harry

[This message has been edited by Harry (edited 08-03-2003).]

Old 08-03-2003, 01:20 AM   #8

gsilva HB User
Thanks Harry - I`ve seen doctors, had a blood test for 18 different possibilities, all came back negative. I was told it wasnt painful enough for gall bladder.

I`m a little stumped as I`m 39 and never really had any problems in that digestion/bowel area.

I`II keep you posted !

Old 10-06-2003, 12:17 AM   #9

gsilva HB User
Hi - Apart from the odd tummy ache my stools have been 95% normal ! - I was away on holiday last two weeks in August and started to eat Pasta and Pizza again - The pain and loose stools came back - I stopped and now I am normal - People say that I am Celiac - How can this happen at age 39 ?? How can my system change so abrubtly ??
Good luck to all......

Old 10-09-2003, 11:33 AM   #10
Inactive
(female)

NickName HB User
This is very interesting. I have the pain in the right side off and on throughout the day. I was afraid it was my appendix or something, but the Dr's ruled that out pretty quickly. I had a colonoscopy that showed no infection or other problems, so I was diagnosed with IBS. My other symptoms...

mucos in stools
loose or soft stools
bouts with diarhea (sp?) and nausea
depression/stress

IBS is also known as Spastic Colon. My Dr told me it was my colon spasming and that stress was causing it. I don't doubt that at all. I'm a senior in college, majoring in chemistry. I'm hoping that after I graduate the stress will subside and the symptoms will go away.

My father had gall stones and had to have his gall bladder removed, and he was horribly ill with that. If all you have is some pain there, it may very well just be your colon spasming.

Old 02-23-2004, 11:19 PM   #11

gsilva HB User
Re: LOOSE STOOLS

Well - Its been a few months now on this thread and my stools are mainly back to normal thanks to a change in diet. The worst offenders in order are: 1/ Nuts, particularly Brazil Nuts 2/ Fatty Food, Fries and fried rice and 3/ Chocolate, although not Plain 70% Cocoa in small quantities. My diagnosis of fatty liver from my nutritionist Sister seems correct. I must persevere and hopefully enjoy fatty foods in moderation in the future.

Closed Thread