It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2005, 11:48 AM   #31
(male)

Jay55 HB User
Re: Worth Reading for IBS'ers

I've read about a product called Life Start. It's made by Natren. I use some of their other products. It's a probiotic that is suppose to help those with IBS. I read about it in the Journal of Essential Vitality.

Old 05-28-2006, 11:55 PM   #32
(female)

terri oneil HB User

Hi... I suffered with IBS most of my life and for the last three years also an incredible rash that I knew was due to some food???. I recently cut out all artificial sweetners, (the rash is totally gone) limit my sugar to two teaspoons a day, and also went semi-vegetarian (fish only now and lots and lots of veggies (minus broccoli,) and now eating lots of of whole grains and whole rice) and for over two months now I have not had even one single bout of IBS. My stomach is flat for the first time since I can remember and life is wonderful and I will never go back. This is how it was always meant to be!!

Hope this helps someone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2006, 09:06 PM   #33
(male)

harry reeves HB User

If you have had enough tests to finanace Harvard medical school and all you get back is hummm try this try that and come back in six months Try this go get your para thyroid hormone bal checked. It ranks right be hind diabetes and causes all kind of stomach pai n constipation lethergy and personality changes and oh! majior bone loss. It can not be cured ecept by surgery. It will take a endochronolist forget primary care givers. If you do not have it you will still be paddling up the same ole creek but if you do ,YOUR CURED. PS I have suffered from everything I have read on this forum seen more spec DOCs than I can count. Finally decided the only cure was to get totaly wasted and clean a loaded gun maybe two. But during all this incredibily priced medical testing they, who ever they are discovered I had a 30 percent bone loss.Ok 4 parshally blocked arterys two leaky heart vavles, arrithmyia, no gall bladder two head on collisions three bullet holes one in chest and one in groin one in arm and one still in spine, a fall off a two story building, a gasoline fire gallon of gas in face and ignighted. One sliced off ear from a fall over foot stool in my house. I can live with all this but not a 30 percent bone loss which I was told was exremely dangerous. And that is how I found out about hyperprarthyroidism, which since then I have Found Out most docs overlook it. So there you have it its now up to you, Good luck and good night.

Last edited by harry reeves; 08-27-2006 at 09:37 PM.

Old 07-31-2007, 10:07 AM   #34
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunshine12 HB Usersunshine12 HB Usersunshine12 HB Usersunshine12 HB User

This is a great information and help board for all of us who have IBS. I suffered my whole life with this.
When I found out I was diabetic and changed my diet to no whites, my IBS got a lot better also. My Doc told me also to use Fiber tablets. He said it worked but had to drink lots of water with it. It does work and helps bind when you are consistant with it.
I do have flare ups every now and then and the only thing I have found is as someone mentioned to go to baked chicken, no skin and I eat some brown rice (not white for me) and after a few days my system comes back around to normal. And slowly I add other things and with any luck I am ok.
I have read a few new things to try which I am going to do and I thank you for your help and Harry thank you for starting this!

Old 10-16-2007, 03:10 PM   #35
(female)

jack25 HB User

Hi I have suffered with IBS for the last 15 years which has caused other problems for me i think it is great i found worth reading for I BS ers to know other people understand what we are going through is a God send

Old 12-01-2008, 06:08 AM   #36
(male)

baz22p HB User
Smile Re: Worth Reading for IBS'ers

I have had IBS for nearly 4 years, and I cannot work because of it. I have had the usual tests (barium enema, full blood tests, endoscopy, bowel biopsy, etc) but all have been negative, so IBS has been diagnosed. I alternate between constipation and diarrhoea regularly. I have tried diets (the elimination diet made me worse!) but find that what upsets me one day can be tolerated on another. I have tried changing my lifestyle but nothing seems to work. I am currently on amitriptylene 25mg, citalopram 60mg, and codeine 2X 30 mg, but it is all very hit and miss. My GP is great, but the hospital gastroenterologist is useless - so is the 'second opinion' at another hospital.
This site is great to know that I'm not alone

Old 12-13-2008, 02:26 PM   #37
(female)

cheekymunkey HB User

Ive had IBS for 3 and a bit years now, and it has changed my life around something chronic!
Its so hard to know how to cope with it, and what to do to help, especially as no-one seems to know much about it, or have any quick fix solutions.
Ive been on a ridiculous amount of medication over the last few years, so much so, that the dr has said there is 1 more thing i havent tried, and then i have been given everything possible to try and help. Which leaves me feeling quite upset, as this last thing is an anti depressant, i am only 22 and the thought of having to be on those for possibly the rest of my life, scares me.
I do feel a bit selfish thinking like that, as if it may help then it could be worth it, but the thought of being depedent on anti depressants to help me, is a difficult decision to make. I have had endless blood tests, scans, and scares about it being an appendicitus, gaul stones, ovary problems etc etc, but nothing comes back as positive. it always comes back as "normal" but it doesnt feel like everything is normal!
I suffer really bad back pains too, which i just cannot seem to shift. I cant take anything to help, paracetamol/ibuprofen etc doesnt do anything for me, and it just seems like a never ending thing! I think people who dont have it, can find it hard to understand just how frustrating and upsetting it is to have to live with this condition, and i also know people who do have it get it in different strenghts too. I just wish there was something which would help the pains in my stomach and back, and to stop the constipation i am constantly having. Its so hard to live with. Just thankful iv found this forum!

Old 12-28-2008, 07:25 AM   #38
(female)

gentille57 HB User

Hi--cheekymunkey,
I feel your pain, I have been chronically constipated since I was an infant. I got to the point where I was maybe going once or not at all in a two week period. I had a lot of back pain and sciatica.
There are so many things that can cause constipation. What is your diet like? Is it a lot of carbs/sugar? Are you exercising?
Systemic candida/yeast can also back you up, as can a mineral deficiency or drinking a lot of distilled water. There are some mineral products, like Mineral Rich by Optimum Health, which may really help you go
gentille57

Last edited by gentille57; 12-28-2008 at 07:26 AM.

Old 01-08-2009, 01:11 PM   #39
(female)

Rainy20 HB User

Hi Baz...

I have had what I believe is IBS for about five years now. For the first time my new doctor wants to start all those lovely tests. IM just wondering if all the pain and $ is worth it. I have had a couple other doctors before, who pretty much tell me to just watch my diet. Though as you and many know, on some days that wont matter. Stress has been a key trigger for me.

Closed Thread