It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2003, 12:58 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

NickName HB User
Post what are your trigger foods for IBS-D?

I'm curious about what other people with this problem cannot eat. I'm newly disagnosed with IBS-D and am in the process of finding out what I can and cannot eat.

Foods I can't eat...

Eggs
mexican food (mainly the seasoning on the meat)
the ingredient Sorbitol (in some sweets)
chicken wings... I think due to the fat
Pork chops.. also fat, although I can eat ham

Anyone have a similar list?

Old 10-09-2003, 09:43 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
As you know everyone is different. The big offeners are wheat products, and dairy products but not yogurt or kefir, peanut butter and honeydew melons. Eggs to me are off and on-- I think the freshness has alot to do with it.

Harry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2003, 05:26 AM   #3

CrazyCats4 HB User
Anything with a lot of spice (mexican food, buffalo wings, jerk chicken), most fruits, veggies, any lettuce. Any fatty meats. Come to think of it... Pork too. Chinese food My mother-in-law's tomato sauce.

Diary soothes my tummy, however too much (ice cream)will make me gassy. And I rely on peanut butter on the days where everything else seems to make me nauseous.

CC

<added> I never thought about eggs before, they by themselves don't seem to bother me, althou I rarely eat them. However, I have noticed that store brand baked goods (like Entermans, Freihoffers, even Dunkin Donuts) do bother my tummy, I get heartburn, gas, and just feel lousy after eating them. But they don't give me the big D as many of the other foods do.

[This message has been edited by CrazyCats4 (edited 10-11-2003).]

Old 10-10-2003, 09:24 AM   #4

bellytrouble HB User
my trigger foods can be almost anything. I have stopped milk and switched to soy, cannot have peanut butter, can do hard cheeses like swiss, american but not soft cheese, no ice cream, chinese is out, all fried is out .. also noticed that beef is not a good thing sometimes either. With me it can be even baked chicken. Since I've been taking the Acidophilus though I am doing much better ... even enjoyed one beer without ANY problem.
Good luck

Closed Thread