It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2009, 09:16 PM   #1
(male)

Chicago123 HB User
Testicular Pain with IBS

This is my first post and I'd like to apologize if anything I'm asking has already been covered on these boards.

I'm 30 years old and about 5 years ago I was diagnosed with IBS. I had been experiencing stomach problems and after extensive evaluation from my physician the decided to do a colonoscopy and an endoscapy. Both procedures turned up nothing, as did a blood test for Crohn's disease. Various other test also turned up nothing. I was then told i had IBS which I just wrote off as them not knowing what was wrong with me.

I never had anything more severe than some stomach discomfort and constipation and just lived with it. Within the past year i have been experiencing some more severe issues such as:

-Bloating
-Excessive Gas
-Diarrhea
-Stool changes
-Mucus In stool
-Constant Hemorrhoids
-Abdominal Cramping
-Body Aches
-Head Aches
-Joint Pain
-Insomnia
-Bad taste in mouth
-Moments of increased heart rate
-Feelings of rushing blood in legs and thighs
-Groin Pain
-Testicular tenderness and pain
-Decreased sex drive
-Depression
-Fatigue

I think that about covers it.

I have been to the doctor twice within the past year and blood and urine test have come back clean. I had the doctor perform a physical during my last visit and he didn't find anything abnormal in my testicles that seemed alarming. Within the past week things seem to be worse than ever. The testicular pain has gotten worse and I feel like I need to keep my legs open all the time to relieve the sensitivity.

I have been under some stress as I lost my job a while back and money is stating to become a issue. I also have some family problems that lend to stressful phone calls.

Due to the loss of my job I no longer have insurance and I can't go see a doctor only to have them say nothing is wrong and please go pay $300 to the receptionist. I've been trying to adhere to the basic dietary guidelines for IBS as well as staying away from alcohol and caffeine. At times I've also been taking Dicyclomine when the abdominal cramps are present. gas-Ex when I have gas.

I was just wondering if anyone here has experienced such severe testicular tenderness and am I not having the right tests performed in order to catch a more serious disease. I assume the blood and urine tests they have been performing are fairly standard.

Sorry for the long post and I thank you in advance for any help anyone may be able to give. I'm just worried my doctors are missing something with the testicular pain. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2009, 10:58 AM   #2
(male)

overberg HB User
Re: Testicular Pain with IBS

I have never heard of a possible link between Testicular pain and IBS.At this stage you must get the pain sorted out first.(Another blood test?)Cant you go to a Hospital where they treat out patients?You no longer have insurance and you cant afford a Doctor,surely there is a way out for you.Let us know what happens.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:17 AM   #3
(male)

David30 HB User

Hi chicago.

I have similar problems like you.
- Abdominal tenderness
- mild C
- pain
- white tongue
- gas/bloating
- sometimes muscle twiches.

Also some issues with hemorrhoids cause I feel always so sick and bad that I don`t leave the house.

For treatment: I never found a working treatment for all of this. To be honest, a lot of meds did make the problems even more worst. And I tried really everything.
I`m taking now vitamins, especially B vitamins and Colpermin, which don`t really work. Also I taking a probiotic and and digestiv enzymes.
My worst symptom is the chronic tenderness, it really sucks. My colon feels like rubber and tummy is very pressure sensitve.

Old 06-02-2009, 04:47 PM   #4
(male)

swellin HB User

I have experienced something similar but not to the extent you have, im talkin about the teste pain. My IBS is extreme, but with every attack i feel like my testes hurt its hard to explain, i have never brought it up to my doctor as it goes away when my IBS attack goes away so i always thought they were connected, it feel s like my entire body is super sensitive during an attack so thats what i thought was going on. Im being treated with Morphine sulfate and Oxycontin it took me 10 years to get treatment, but i finally have gotten help and i suggest trying some type of opiates it is the most helpful thing ive ever tried. I have tried the meds your on as well for abdominal pain. Ask for some mscontin or oxycontin the docs work for you! not the other way around tell them what you want!

Old 06-02-2009, 05:25 PM   #5
(male)

ohionutcake HB User

sounds like fybromylgia get you prostate checked i missed your age i have a lot of the same and i have fyb

Old 07-11-2009, 11:32 PM   #6
(male)

googlefreak1 HB User

Chicago123 I’ve had exactly what you are talking about, as a matter of fact right now as we speak I’m going through it and have been for about a month. Let me ask you a question, and this may sound weird when your IBS is in what I call high gear can you feel it progress through your digestive tract over a period of a couple of days? You know like it starts in the pit of your stomach and works its way through your small intestines through your colon from your right side up and across and then down your left side, even though your having bowel movements?
The reason I’m asking is when my so called cycle reaches the end of the road this is when my testicle pain seems to subside. About this time last year I was having the testicular pain for a few weeks I finally went to my urologist and we played the bend over and touch your toe’s game. He said that my prostate felt normal and if the pain was still there in a couple of weeks to come back,$$$ and we would try something else. After I left his office I was in so much pain I could not stand it. So I laid in the bed all weekend “very unusual for me” I am an extremely active person. Monday morning 7:59 I’m on the phone, got an appointment for the next day, here we go again. Guess what my prostrate is enlarged? He put me on antibiotics I think levaquin. One week and no results, then cipro, cool huh!! Two week two doses of antibiotics and there goes my flora right down the toilet.
You know with IBS there are no rules and you take a 100 different people and you get 100 close but different symptoms. After this month long battle I got a pint of buttermilk “ekkk…” and chugged away two days later I was fine until June of this year and here we go again. I had to reply to your post to remember what fixed me last time. lol But back to your question I know where you coming from and its kinda scary, and it’s a roll of the dice going to the Dr especially when your money’s tight. But I think its like I said earlier everyone is different. When my IBS started I didn’t have testicle pain, mine arose about a year ago, so that would make it about 5 years from my onset, kinda like yours. I have no answers for you just similar symptoms. Could be the way the bowel routes and its just radiating pain? If you find an answer please keep us posted. Good luck an hang in there, maybe one day some researcher on his break shoving a do nut in his face will accident upon a cure for us !!

Old 07-12-2009, 08:30 AM   #7
(male)

overberg HB User

Chicago 123 you posted 3 months ago.How are you doing?Please give us an update on your condition

Closed Thread