It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2009, 02:22 PM   #1
(female)

coco446 HB User
Burning Hot Gas...

I'm thinking I have some sort of bacteria back up.
Or not....
On day 3 -4 of this.
Have you ever experienced gas that burns as you expel it? The smell is
also quite nasty.
Seems as soon as the food reaches my stomach it immediately turns into gas.
No matter what I eat.
I have IBS-D, usually. My symptoms can vary from none at all to D or C.
This crazy IBS stuff will drive ya nuts.

What can I do to help this?
Thanks.

Old 02-12-2010, 06:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

lala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB User
Re: Burning Hot Gas...

to burning hot gas:

I know this is now a year old but was wondering if you got resolve with your gas situation. I have been having chronic gas for 4 years now. No answers other then candida. A yeast overgrowth in the intestines which is not recognized by regular doctors. I have to go to natural drs. It has been coming and going for all these years but lately it is non stop every day late afternoon into the night no matter what I eat. Any answers? Have taken a million different supplements and try to stay away from sugars and carbs as much as possible but not completely because without that there is no life. I like to have drinks and eat yummy food when I go out.
LaLa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2010, 04:36 AM   #3
(female)

lauri446 HB User

I actually re-posted this and got some negative feedback. People thinking I was making it up.
Anyway, I still deal with it. It comes & goes.
I do feel I have gone from IBS-d to IBS-c.
I never have a complete BM ( not sure if anyone does)
Seems like I always need to go more, but can't.
Seems like certain foods will add to the gas issue.
I'm not a big water drinker so I'm trying to improve on that.
I try to eat a lot of oranges as that seems to help keep things moving.
I wish I could be more help, but I still have no idea how to fix this problem.

Old 02-14-2010, 06:13 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Re: Burning Hot Gas

Has anybody been checked for Candida. The yeast overgrowth in the intestines? That is what I got diagnosed with. Look up info on line for Candida and see if you fit the symptoms. It is not just gas. It is all kinds of other things also. Body aches, fatigue, brain fog, anxiety, the list goes on. Or what about bacteria overgrowth. Also, did you go to gastro dr. and have tests taken? Also, do you watch your sugars and carbs?

LaLa

Old 02-14-2010, 10:05 AM   #5
(female)

coco446 HB User

Because it comes and goes with me I don't think it's anything other than IBS and what I am eating.

As of now, being slightly constipated (I can go, but not fully evacuate) I want to look into fiber suppplements. But I am really confused with what to take that won't add to the gas situation. I have a problem drinking large amounts of water as it makes me nauseous.
I have no problem eating a "Healthy Diet" lots of fruits, whole grains....however it seems to bind me up and I do believe the gas comes from being constipated, even ever so slightly.
This is because on the days I do have a good BM or after I take a laxative and seem to be cleared out a bit better I won't have the gas issues. Few days later, it returns. And my bowels seem to be slowing down.
Does any of this make any sense?
Are there any meds that can help the intestinal gas? I read Simethicone and those alike do not treat intestinal gas.
I was taking charco-caps and just read that one of the ingredients is sulfur? Is this the same sulfur I should be staying away from because it leads to gas? Must not be the same thing...
I am truly at a loss and think life was better when I just had the IBS-D all the time. At least I didn't have to deal witht he gas issues.
I am taking a family vacation in another month and really hope I can get somewhere with all of this.
Any help with the fiber questions I would greatly appreciate.

And I have been to Dr.'s in the past. Had scopes, lactose tests, etc....all pointed to ibs. I haven't been to a Dr. in many years for this as I seem to just put up with it.
Maybe time to go again. But I am dreading the Dr. that just says "Take more fiber" or the one that wants to run 150 different tests......the co-pays can add up so quickly.

Old 02-15-2010, 06:05 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

re: burning hot gas

First of all, I don't understand how drinking lots of water can give nausea. I never heard of that. Also, as far as the constipation, I a surprised that if you are eating lots of fruit and vegies that you would have constipation. Fruit usually keep people going. But fruit and whole grains can give you gas. Maybe try cutting down on the fruits and whole grains for a while and just try eating lean protein and cooked non-gassy vegies and very little complex carbs like brown rice and sweet potatoes only a few times a week. Also, I did hear very good things about Miralax for constipation. I was also told that char caps are good, but they never helped me. Hope this info helps you. In the meantime, I am also still suffering with chronic gas and gas pains. Also nothing is helping. I am going back to doc soon.

Closed Thread