It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2009, 03:32 AM   #1
(female)

leila44 HB User
IBS linked with ovulation?

I have bad IBS every 4 weeks with vomiting, nausea and stomach pains. I think I get it regularly every time I ovulate. I'm sure it's not linked with any of the normal triggers of IBS like stress or food. I've tried going on the pill and there was no change. Has anyone else had IBS brought on by ovulation, and is there anything you can do about it??! Thanks so much for any help!

Old 06-22-2009, 02:15 AM   #2
(female)

sunnygirl17 HB User
Re: IBS linked to ovulation?

I have exactly the same every month day 17 of my monthly cycle I get terrible ibs-d symptons as well as being uncomfortable with gas and the nausia although I am not actually sick. I do have to be careful with what I eat around this time as anything to spicy or fatty will set it of. It was when I went on the pill that it seemed to trigger this all off but when I came of it unfortunately it stayed.

I havent got any magic answers wish that I did but just to let you know that you are not alone on this and I will be watching like you to see if there is anybody out there that has any ideas/solutions.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2009, 12:02 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Evie4 HB User
Re: IBS linked with ovulation?

Mine is only during ovulation. I can always count on it. This has been going on for about 15 years now. I count on 10 days of it each month. I have medication for the spasms. I've learned to eat carefully, and in the past year I have been working on cutting wheat/gluten from my diet. It has alleviated my problem with constipation and I wonder if that in turn is keeping my colon from having as much difficulty. I also don't get so bloated anymore.

In the earlier years of this, I was really really miserable. The bloating, distension, pain, heartburn, indigestion etc. etc. was out of control. Over the years I've figured out what to eat and what not to eat, not to over eat etc. I'm not cured, but I feel much much better. I've been able to go the last couple months without taking the rx.

My doctor doesn't seem to have much to say about it but is happy that I'm feeling better.

Old 07-18-2009, 02:53 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

gigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB User

can you tell what an IBS attack is like? I get pain under my right rib and then cramps with nausea then I have to run to the bathroom to go to the bathroom. I have no gallbladder and I eat non fat food?? I was tested for just about everything except a colonoscopy.

Old 07-18-2009, 08:52 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Evie4 HB User

Gigi11, since IBS has lots of different symptoms and people suffer different sets of symptoms, you'd likely have to read a lot of different descriptions of what many people describe to see if your pain matches up with theirs.

I do have a gall bladder, so I don't know if the pain in the rib area I used to experience involved my gall bladder or not. I can say that I don't eat fatty foods really, but I have problems with other foods and I'm still figuring it out.

Have you had panels done for dairy, soy, gluten? Some people have problems with foods in the nightshade family (potatoes, tomatoes, etc.).

I apparently have problems with legumes, split green peas being especially bad...causes acid reflux and and a lot of intestinal pain. Any significant consumption of cured ham creates a pain in my left instestinal area that is so bad I feel it with every step I take for an entire day. I stopped eating yoghurt because I tended to get reflux. These are just a few of my personal experiences.

I just struggled with this as it seems I'm on my own to figure out. I'm making plans to get tested for food sensitivities though my doctor has never recommended it. Even with all the healthy eating I do, it's not going to help if I'm eating things that my body is fighting. Discovery may not cure the IBS, but other things like problems sleeping and being tired a lot might improve.

Closed Thread