It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2009, 06:06 PM   #1
(male)

jack119 HB User
Digestive system shut down?

Does anyone feel like their digestive system just shuts down for a month at a time?

I am having no bowel movements whatsoever unless I take a laxative even then the stools are small and look shredded... someone help me with advice on what to do?

the doc had prescribed me amitzia but it gives me spasms.. so i'm taking an anti-spasmatic which can cause constipation but before i even begin taking it, my digestive system felt like it had shut down so i don't think that is the problem... but i know it makes my back hurt and feel stiff and also causes my stomach to feel really full etc...

thanks for any assistance in advance , really struggling here...

Old 07-30-2009, 02:21 PM   #2
(female)

ladystokes HB User
Re: Digestive system shut down?

I had this awhile ago. My bowels just shut down....but then I'd be forced to go and had hard, smallish stools that hurt to pass!

See my thread about suggestions: kimchi...saurkraut (don't like this)...helped me a lot. otherwise magnesium tablets can help. These tablets can take time to work though and you might need to be patient...but when they do, can cause diarrhea if your system is sensitive and you take more than you actually needed. But this varies, I'm sure, with the individual.....

Last edited by ladystokes; 07-30-2009 at 02:23 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2009, 04:06 PM   #3
(male)

jack119 HB User

is it a certain type of magensium? magnesium oxide ?

Old 07-30-2009, 04:11 PM   #4
(male)

jack119 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladystokes View Post
I had this awhile ago. My bowels just shut down....but then I'd be forced to go and had hard, smallish stools that hurt to pass!

See my thread about suggestions: kimchi...saurkraut (don't like this)...helped me a lot. otherwise magnesium tablets can help. These tablets can take time to work though and you might need to be patient...but when they do, can cause diarrhea if your system is sensitive and you take more than you actually needed. But this varies, I'm sure, with the individual.....
ladystokes, i'm not seeing your threads about "kimchi...saurkraut" have you tried the probiotic VSL3, do you know if it really helps?

Old 08-04-2009, 03:58 AM   #5
(male)

Anguished HB User

My problem a few days back:

Few days back I ate some real junk oily food. It was soaked and coated in oil. Moments after eating I felt a bad pain in my stomach like some screw is tightening in the upper part of the bowel.

After a few days, some friends forced me to eat the same crap and the same pain was there one again, only this time its not subsiding. I also slept empty stomach that night with the pain.

I've found the pain to be at ace when I drink water or when I fill the stomach with water, it hurts real bad. The pain is in the upper part of the stomach and the feeling is of being hungry.

The stool is usual but I find it less as compared to the usual ones, there is also a bit of feeling like my stomach is not empty after taking a dump. I feel bloated.

Its been more than 4days now and the pain is nowhere to leave me. I would highly appreciate if someone can help. Stomach pain like this doesn't let me have a normal daily life.
---------------

Now I guess it was Spasm that was causing the pain.

Currently even my Bowel system is all down. No matter how hard I try the food doesn't get digested, the stool is small and hard at times normal but very less. In my body my stomach is expanding by my cheeks and hands have gone slim. I feel energy less and very tired almost all day. I've been suffering with this problem for like 6months now. Sometimes bowel movements are normal but then all of a sudden it goes on hold.

Shall I take magnesium tablets or I can try something else that is fast?

Closed Thread