It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2010, 04:23 PM   #1
(male)

The Juice HB User
Anxiety Causing IBS or Ulcer?

I've been taking Celexa for depression for the past 4 years. I was taking 20mg for awhile but have been taking 10mg for the past year. For the past 3 months I noticed that I seem to get a rush in my stomach sort of like a flutter when Iím excited about things or stomach aches when Iím worried or nervous. I also have bad stomach pains usually a little while after eating that can last for hours sometimes severe gas and bloating, constipation, with thin stools or mucus and undigested food in the stool. I eat yogurt everyday with no problems, but peanut butter I believe is causing an upset stomach.

The doctor gave me a prescription for Prevacid to help with acid in the stomach, I've been taking for 2 weeks so far. Iím just not sure whatís causing what. Is my anxiety or stress causing an ulcer thatís causing stomach pains or what?

Probably writing about what I think is causing problems causes problems.

Any advice?

Thanks

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Lab Error that Cost me a Month of Anxiety oneofsix HIV Prevention 0 04-17-2009 09:14 PM
Is it really anxiety causing it??? Whimsyone Anxiety 2 01-01-2009 11:46 AM
Uncertain about possible acute panic attack and anxiety -- Any input?(long) kerry4 Anxiety 4 10-13-2007 09:37 PM
va/28 years gerd/anxiety caseyclydw12 Open to All Other Health Topics 0 10-08-2007 02:10 AM
Is this related to my anxiety meds or sound like something else? freely Digestive Disorders 2 08-09-2007 03:45 PM

Tags
anxiety, ibs, stomach ache, ulcer