It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2010, 12:26 AM   #1
(male)

kingsea3 HB User
Would this be IBS, or something worse...?

Hi, I am new to this board, but after lack of response on my other board I decided to post here.

Anyways, I have been having strange symptoms for the past 3 days and beginning to get worried. However, being a poor college kid with no health insurance I have few options.

I am a sufferer of Panic Disorder and it is usually prompted by my hypochondriassm quite often which confuses my symptoms and often exaggerates them quite a bit.

A few days ago after a typical night out, which in college involves quite a few drinks, I woke up dehydrated and queezy, but dismissed it as a bad hangover. After drinking a ton of grape juice I began to get lightheaded and sick and ended up vomitting. Afterwards I felt pretty normal besides a pain in my right side which became increasingly bothersome throughout the night. I had an exam in two days and ended up staying up throughout the night studying and drinking quite a few red bulls. On top of this I was stressed over breaking up with my girlfriend a few days prior, which led to my night out, and on top of this stress these symptoms were freaking me out. The next day I had severe abdominal cramps on the upper and lower right side, a feeling of pressure/bloating, a loud gurgling stomach, burping, and constipation. I freaked out and laid in bed for two days thinking I was on my death bed with colon cancer or something. However, after googling my symptoms for hours on end and reading every type of stomach disease ever I finally came across IBS.

It seemed like a good enough match, especially given my weekend of substance abuse, tons of caffeine, stress, and multiple panic attacks. Now today I feel pretty good, was able to eat, sleep, and move. However, I keep cramping up occasionally and am having the runs accompanied with a burning sensation. I don't really know how to identify blood, but they are a yellowish color and very loose so I don't expect any.

I was hoping someone could help me instead of me pulling another hypochondria episode where i end up in the ER for no reason.

Any help is much appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2010, 01:01 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Would this be IBS, or something worse...?

Hi while I cannot tell you what it is I can tell you a few things about better care for a persons body and brain. First of all the body does not like non-food and non-food substances so that means no drinking, drugging, smoking, caffeinated teas, coffee or chemical substances in the body.You need your brain since you are a college student!

Last edited by Mod-S4; 12-18-2010 at 06:10 AM. Reason: Off topic.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:05 PM   #3
(male)

thepuch HB User
Re: Would this be IBS, or something worse...?

Thanks for the reply, but do you think the symptoms I have suggest IBS??

Closed Thread