It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2010, 01:38 PM   #1
(female)

Irisheyez82 HB User
Bloody stool, blood clots, and abdominal pain with bloating

Hiya!
Ok, so a week ago I had one of those first appointments with a doc that was pretty embarrassing.
I have had IBS since an infant (pediatricians said it would go away...hahahaha!) And I have had hemmroids since I was 14 or so.
This triggered an intrest in my new doctor and he made sure I had hemmroids (embarrassing? just a bit!) After confirming he still wanted to check further after I told him I get episodes where I go to the bathroom and there is a ton of blood in the toliet along with IBS cramping and no hemmroidal pain, I do not strain either nor is the stool hard.
So I just turned in some hemmocult fecal blood tests today.

This monday I started one of the episodes and it's lasted 3 days so far with almost constant abdominal aching with occasional painful cramps when I go to the bathroom. Blood in toilet and blood clots too. The stool is not dark in color and the blood is a pretty lighter red it's not DARK dark at all.

Along with that this week I have also had a slight stomach upset but not bad to where I feel nauseous. I have gotten slight motion sickness at the same time yesterday when riding in an SUV at lunch time. I will get sharp pains in the abdomen and sides here and there. My pants fit alittle tighter lately yet I haven't gained any weight. I also have not been losing weight for no reason so I guess that's a good sign

Just trying to figure out if anyone with IBS has these issues ever and if not if anyone has a clue as to what could this be?

Diverticulitis sounds similar to my symptoms but I don't know. I feel like I'm falling apart with this on top of odd blood tests that COULD but hopefully doesn't point toward kidney or adrenal issues and also my thyroid problem.

Thank you

Last edited by Irisheyez82; 08-25-2010 at 01:39 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2010, 04:55 PM   #2
(female)

dv93 HB User
Re: Bloody stool, blood clots, and abdominal pain with bloating

Do you still have this problem? I started in June of this year and continue to have similar issues but have mucus accompanying it. Have you foundout what it is? DV

Old 09-24-2010, 05:45 PM   #3
(female)

Irisheyez82 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv93 View Post
Do you still have this problem? I started in June of this year and continue to have similar issues but have mucus accompanying it. Have you foundout what it is? DV
It took about 4 days to stop, but every now and then it'll come about again.
My Hemmocult test came back negative so it's not coming from the small intestines. I'll probably eventually get a colonoscopy.
First thing you should do is go to the doc and have them do a hemmocult test. It's a pretty gross test. LOL. I called it a Poopsmear...lol.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:04 PM   #4
(female)

dv93 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irisheyez82 View Post
It took about 4 days to stop, but every now and then it'll come about again.
My Hemmocult test came back negative so it's not coming from the small intestines. I'll probably eventually get a colonoscopy.
First thing you should do is go to the doc and have them do a hemmocult test. It's a pretty gross test. LOL. I called it a Poopsmear...lol.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:07 PM   #5
(female)

dv93 HB User

Well im going tom am to see another gastro doc. Maybe they will do that dreaded test. Ive had that done before and it was positive thats why i had the colonoscopy last year. Told me it was ibs, but Ive had your symptoms CONSTANTLY since June maybe three days without mucousy blood. Ill let you know what they say. Hope its not too bad!

Old 09-28-2010, 09:10 AM   #6
(female)

Irisheyez82 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv93 View Post
Well im going tom am to see another gastro doc. Maybe they will do that dreaded test. Ive had that done before and it was positive thats why i had the colonoscopy last year. Told me it was ibs, but Ive had your symptoms CONSTANTLY since June maybe three days without mucousy blood. Ill let you know what they say. Hope its not too bad!
Please do let me know. I should probably do the colonooscopy but I haven't yet, and my insurance sucks now so I think I'll have to pay a ton only to have it go toward my $2500 deductible I'll never reach. Lol. My Hemmocult test was negative yet since I was a baby they have said I have IBS. If the occult test comes back positive from what I have heard it means that there is a problem in the small intestines.

Old 10-25-2010, 06:09 AM   #7
(female)

dv93 HB User

YOu should probably do the colonoscopy. I was just diagnosed with ulcerative colitis. Now they want to treat it with meds, but that's another whole thing to consider with side effects etc. DOnt know what road Ill take. Let me know if you go. I also pay out of pocket. ARGH! DV

Old 11-07-2010, 12:00 AM   #8
(female)

Irisheyez82 HB User

Yeah I looked up the cost on my insurance plan, it's almost $2000. My deductible is $2500.....erg. And I'm sure I will have to pay for most of that.
What were your sympoms of UC before diagnosis? And what kind of meds are they putting you on? An ex bf of mine has both Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis. He has battled it now for 7 almost 8 years and has gone through all sorts of meds. I think he finally has it mostly under control........but then he finds out he also has ALS in May this year which is one of the worst things ever to end up having especially when you already have an incurable disease. Poor guy, it's just not fair. Why does there have to be so many illnesses in this world?

Old 11-08-2010, 04:19 PM   #9
(female)

dv93 HB User

I was having diarrhea like fourteen times a day, many times just mucousy blood. I would feel like I had to run to the bathroom andit would just be mucus pouring out. UGh The doctor prescribed assacol 2 pills three times a day. That costs me 360 a month. He also prescribed enemas of Rowasa every night for a month for about the same cost but I didnt fill it. I figured thats alot of money for something I wont be able to hold in. Ive got to see if there is a way to get my meds cheaper as my cheap insurance wont cover it. You are right there are too many illnesses in the world. we definitely need God to step in and put an end to our pain and suffering as promised in the Bible because it can be very disheartening with an illness like this or like ALS. I hope you both get some relief from your symptoms soon! DV

Closed Thread