It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2002, 07:12 PM   #1

Aerosmith22 HB User
Passing of undigested food in stool..

I have IBS, suspected diverticulitus, and a couple ulcers.

I have very strange, frequent bowel movements.
My intestines make strange noises, they rattle, spasm, shake, pop, moan, gugrgle all day long. It provokes enough anxiety, too add to it, I've had tarry stools, not blood like, they were light colored, foul smelling, and became thinner and smaller towards the end of the movement..I'm young so I doubt there is anything such as cancer going on....then everything I have been eating has been coming out compeltely undigested... especially things like green beans (i always digested them before) ... I have been drinking a lot of fruit juice lately.. but a lot of my food isn't being digested.. I've lost a little weight..nothing serious yet... anyone have these problems with IBS? have a good one..
I also have bowel movments usually withina hour of eating.. it like 'out with the old and in with the new'
-JD

Old 03-16-2002, 07:26 AM   #2
Inactive

darlene HB User
Re: Passing of undigested food in stool..

Sounds like something my husband has all the time, can't even finish a meal first. The doctor said it could be a number of things, one being a parasite. You might be young but probably should go in to be checked just to be sure it's not colon cancer, it could also be a spastic colon, which I'm not sure is the same as irritable syndrome or not.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2002, 09:14 AM   #3
Unregistered

Re: Passing of undigested food in stool..

Hi,

Yes, spastic colon and IBS are one and the same.

Sarah

Closed Thread