It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2002, 12:04 AM   #1
(female)

stprdi HB User
Something is just not right down there

The Dicetel pills are still helping somewhat but I still have that aweful burning in the pubic area. I had a good clean out today but it seems to empty only so far then stops cold. The burning is short lived and it has started up again. It just feels odd. I"m wondering about infection either in the bowel or stomach. Barium enema in Sept said no polyps or diverticuli. I've started on acidophilus tabs too. Any thoughts please

Old 04-20-2002, 02:47 AM   #2
Unregistered

Re: Something is just not right down there

Hi hon,

I am just a little confused. When you say you have burning in your pubic area, do you mean pubic area when you pass urine or around your anus when you have a BM? Do you have any pain in your belly at all?

It could be that you have some infection in your belly/bowels. If this is the case, then you would need to see your doc so he can examine your belly, take urine and or stool samples and you may need some antibiotics either for a urine infection or stomach/bowel infection.

In either case the Acidophilis caps will help, as it is giving you good bacteria in your gut. If you have to take antibiotics, it will prevent yeast infections.

Good luck

Take care

Sarah

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2002, 04:25 PM   #3
(female)

stprdi HB User

You're confused! I have no idea what the heck is going on. When I say burning, I mean burning in the lower belly, pubic area extending down in to the crotch area. Feels sometimes like pulling, I did think of infection. I have no trouble peeing, no temp, and I tested my urine at work and it's clear. Lower belly aches most of the time. Burning around the anus after I have a BM. I have had surgeries, rectocele repair and bladder suspension. Wondering if it's from that. Maybe the colonoscopy will show something. Going in for recheck on Wed. and plan to tell him, need something done now. Can't wait till May 30. Maybe an ultrasound would show something. Thanks for the reply.

Old 04-21-2002, 02:42 AM   #4
Unregistered

Hi,

Yes, if you have an ultrasound of your belly it will show up any displacement and if there is something going on with your bladder.

However, the burning and pain in your lower belly and burning around the anus following a BM does sound more bowel related though. It could be that you have some inflammation going on in your bowel that is causing your problems for some reason. Hopefully your tests will show up the cause.

Anyway, good luck and post back.

Sarah

Old 04-22-2002, 12:01 AM   #5
(male)

D@N HB User

The burning in the pelvis could be a pulled muscle in that region as well as a hernia.
Another cause of that symptom is a herniated or bulging disc in the lower lumbar region.
Have you experienced any lower back pain with this? And I am curious if you have noticed any pain in the genitals. I haven't been able to determine by your post and username if you are male or female, but if you are male, there are some non-serious conditions of the testicles that can cause the same pain.
IF you hate wearing a seatbelt due to this pain, chances are I am pretty close on one of these possible causes.
Later.
D@N

Old 04-22-2002, 12:51 PM   #6
Unregistered

A pulled muscle causing burning? Get real. Pulled belly muscles would be more likely to cause either sharp or deep achy type pain.

Old 04-22-2002, 03:44 PM   #7
(female)

stprdi HB User

No actual pain in the genitals (I'm female) only the burning and annoyance of that. It feels like when you have a bladder infection, irritated. But the lower stomach is tender, with the pulling in the left groin and periodic tender spot (appendix area) in the right. I still wonder about my bladder (since I had the suspension and all) because I have been peeing lots. It just hits me, I have to go bad and now. I figure it's been made worse by whatever problem is making me unable to have a BM. The doc says that having extra loops etc in the bowel shouldn't cause any problem. I say it makes more places for stool to get stuck and dry. I got my colonoscopy moved up to May 9 which I am pleased about.

Old 04-23-2002, 03:31 AM   #8
Unregistered

Hi hon,

I think you are right. You say that you have burning and tenderness in your lower belly - well, your lower belly is where your bladder and uterus are, so it does sound like the lower belly pain is over your bladder. When you are constipated and unable to have a BM, then you will pass more urine and especially as you have had bladder surgery in the past, just makes this more likely.

Anyway, hope this helps and good luck with the investigations? Post back.

Sarah

Closed Thread