It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2001, 09:42 AM   #1

kingkarizma HB User
at least 20 times a day

yes, I go to the bathroom at least 24 times a day probably about 10 times to release waste out the back side (very often diarriah) and 14times to urinate. This has been going on for many years. When I went to a doctor about this he found nothing wrong with me. Do you think there is something wrong with me. thanks,

------------------
sincerely,
kingkarizma

Old 08-22-2001, 10:34 AM   #2

Angie E HB User
Re: at least 20 times a day

Something is definitly not right! Have you been checked for diabetes and thyroid conditions?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2001, 10:08 PM   #3

kingkarizma HB User

my docor says Im OK for diabetes but I havent checked for thyroid conditions, I will be sure to do that.

thanks, Angie

Old 08-23-2001, 09:01 AM   #4

Angie E HB User

There are several hyperthyroid conditions, such as Graves Disease that can cause massive amounts of diarrhea.

Here is some information that is posted on the Thyroid Healthboards:

Common symptoms and signs of hyperthyroidism.

Symptoms:

Palpitations
Heat intolerance
Nervousness
Insomnia
Breathlessness
Increased Bowel Movements
Light or Absent Menstraul Periods
Fatigue

Signs:

Fast heart rate
Trembling hands
weight loss
muscle weakness
warm moist skin
hair loss
staring gaze
enlarged thyroid gland

CLASSIFICATION OF HYPERTHYROIDISM

The most common underlying cause of hyperthyroidism is Grave's disease, a condition named for an Irish doctor who first described the condition. Graves' disease affects women much more often than men. This condition is sometimes called diffuse toxic goiter, because the entire thyroid gland is enlarged. Although it can occure at any age, it most commonly affects younger people. Graves's disease in an autoimmune disease, a condition cause by the patient's own thyroid gland. Hyperthyroidism is caused by antibodies directed against the thyroid gland. There are actually three distinct parts of Graves' disease: overactivity of the thyroid gland(hyperthyroidism), inflammation of the tissues around the eyes(ophthalmopathy, orbitopathy), and thickening of the skin over the lower legs(pretibial myxedema). Graves' disease tends to run in families, but no one yet understands precisely what triggers the onset of the condition.

Hope this helps. This might not be your problem, but it couldn't hurt to check it out, just in case.

Closed Thread