It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2001, 04:16 PM   #1

Bmomma2 HB User
Please Help.....

I dont know if i have IBS or not could you please let me know if my symptoms sound like it??? I have had diahrrea for the past 3 weeks that will not go away no matter what i try, severe abdominal cramping, and some nausea(mostly in the morning) i might be pregnant also. This diahrrea thing is terrible. If it is IBS is there anything to stop the diahrrea??? Please Help Fast!!!!

Old 08-28-2001, 05:36 PM   #2

rume96 HB User
Re: Please Help.....

It may be too soon to tell if you have IBS if it's only been three weeks. Have you changed your diet at all? And also, if you might be pregnant, your body may just be adjusting. I would definitely contact your doctor asap. As for the diarrhea, of course there is medicine like Immodium, but again, if you may be pregnant, I would call your doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2001, 05:37 PM   #3

JwhyS HB User

Personally, I think you should talk to your doctor. No one is ever diagnosed with IBS right off the bat. One is diagnosed with IBS once all other possibilities are ruled out. I think you should talk to your doctor first before concerning yourself with IBS (at least for now). Sure, your symptoms are similar to those with IBS, but there could be multitudes of other things that may be causing it as well. See your doctor and see if he can't help you pinpoint your problem.

Old 08-28-2001, 06:07 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

That is GOOD advice, but you may have a virus. I would use Metamucil to slow down the diarrhea and also use Calcium. The problem is you wash alot of your good bacteria away, along with electro-lites. This can present big problems if not taken care of ---so see a Doctor!! That my vote Too.

Harry

Old 08-28-2001, 10:09 PM   #5

Angie E HB User

If it's possible you could be pregnant, please rule that out before anything else. Pregnancy effects everyone differently. It could be your body reacting to pregnancy hormones and may be temporary. Don't take ANYTHING until you are sure you are not pregnant.

Old 08-29-2001, 06:48 AM   #6

Bmomma2 HB User

Thank you all for your advice....I am on my way to the doctors today. As for the pregnancy, i just dont know....i have had 2 children already and never had this problem. I have never heard of anyone having this in the begining of pregnancy....Have you???

Closed Thread