It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2001, 09:19 AM   #1

ADepressedGuy HB User
My Symptoms/Porblems ... any ideas?

I'm a younger white male, slim, about 5'10 150 lbs.

My dad definatley has all kinds of digestive problems from reflux to gallstones and IBS...

I have a MINIMAL of 3 BM's a day, ocasionally with blood..sometimes red..and a couple blackish..up to 5 and even more BM's a day..lived my life thinking it was normal to run to the bathroom, and sit there and let it all out hanging on to the door knob hearing my stomach make noises and all through that area hearing squishing sounds and then having a BM...I have dihrea more often than I should..and the big thing thats weird...

ALMOST EVERYTIME I eat something I have a BM shortly after..I have had gas for about 4 years now..lol.. It happens all day everyday through out the day...

Any opinions?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2001, 11:10 AM   #2
Unregistered

Re: My Symptoms/Porblems ... any ideas?

Hey D'Guy...Blood in the stool and black stools are definitely not a good sign. All the other symtoms seem to be classic IBS, but the blood stuff is something thqt needs to be checked out right away. I'm not a doctor, but I would think a colonoscopy and a stool cluture test would be first on the agenda. Call and set up an appointment today with your GP and good luck.

Director

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2001, 03:00 PM   #3

ADepressedGuy HB User

Not to mention I have every sign of ulcers....

And If I drink coke on a empty stomach then I get crippling pain that almost sends me to the ER. Other things will kill my stomach to that point If I eat or Drink them first on a empty stomach.

Old 11-16-2001, 05:22 PM   #4
Unregistered

Are there any certain foods that cause you problems. Spicey, Salads (with nitrites for freshness), fatty foods? There are several foods like this that cause me to make a quick trip to the bathroom. You might want to start trying to keep a record before seeing the doctor.

When I first went in, I was having pain, in addition to these symptoms. It is mostly diahrea for me, but I do suffer from acid reflux and take medication for that too. They ran all kinds of tests, stating with a CT scan. Then it was an upper GI, followed by a colonoscopy. I think the last one I had was an MRI. They found a few problems, but nothing that should be giving me the problems I was having. I have lost approximately 25 pounds over the past two years, mainly because everything goes right through me. One good thing to have checked is the gall bladder.

I get by day to day. I am able to work, but have some severe problems some days. I am on heavy duty pain medication, plus Lomotil for the diareaha and Prilosec for the acid reflux.

I really do strongly suggest you see your doctor about this and try to give him as much history and descriptions of the problems your having as possible. Take care.

Director

------------------
Director

Old 11-17-2001, 10:40 AM   #5

ADepressedGuy HB User

Food in general send to the bathroom, it's like it is moving the old out, and the new in...lol...

I guess it would of been smarter on ym part to mention that I also have lost about...hmmm...60lbs over 3 months and now it's a little too easy or me to keep weight off..

Old 11-19-2001, 01:03 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Katie G HB UserKatie G HB User

Hi, I agree with Director. Get to the Dr. IMMEDIATELY! Significant weight loss, blood in the stool, etc. is NOT part of IBS. Although all these tests may seem scary, it's better to know now than let your way of life continue. Believe me, I know & suffer from IBS (the big "D" for about 20 years), and have not had blood in my stool. Although I lost weight after anti-reflux surgery, and my digestive system still seems "messed up", I do not have the severity of problems you're suffering. Get medical help now, and I hope that you feel better soon!

Old 11-25-2001, 08:09 PM   #7

chinadoll66102 HB User

That sounds not good....but there are a few things you'll really need to make clear to your doctor:

1. If the blood comes with the poo or if it is spearate-a hemmroid.

2. If your stools are black-or just dark. That is kinda hard to tell. Stool color can be confusing-you can look at it and it can look a bit blackinsh, then you see that it really isn't back. Plus food can change the color. (oreos are a big probelm) The reason people who actually have black stools, your stools are black because it is blood in to poo.

Really, I don't like the sound of those symptoms. IBS and Chron's disease (which it sounds like) are very very similar, but C disease comes with blood and other symptoms.

Closed Thread