It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2002, 07:59 AM   #1

Angie E HB User
Harry: Just checking in...

Harry:

I've been hanging around. I read the boards everyday. Since discovering my bowel problem and having it corrected, I've been able to move on to other parts of my body that seem to be falling apart!

After reading this board, I discovered I had Celiac and have corrected that problem. After hanging out at the thyroid board since having my thyroid removed, I discovered I was hypothyroid. I've corrected that and feel great.

Around Thanksgiving, my jaw dislocated (those who know me think this is hysterical. I can still talk with my jaw locked in the open position!) A couple of weeks after that, I had this lump in my throat. Started having trouble swallowing, but I didn't make the connection with my jaw locking open. Had a barium swallow (Not great, but better than having it inserted in the other end!)Found out I have GERD, which is strange since I never, ever, have heartburn unless I'm pregnant(and I'm not...whew.) But nothing indicating a lump. I just did a search on lump in throat and found out TMJD. I've been hanging out at the TMJ board. I have a very very mild case. Just got my splint the other day and it is already helping!

So, I'm always here. I check the boards at least three times a day. Feeling great...now if I could just quit dreaming about Schlotsky's sandwiches!

Hope you are doing well, Bowel Guru!

Angie E

Old 04-01-2002, 10:13 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: Harry: Just checking in...

Hi Angie,

Always good to hear from you!!!
You sure do have the most unusual problems but I've been keeping up with your thyroid problems on that board.

I still post mostly on the Bowel boards since that is where I seem to be of most help.

I had 2 1/2 feet of my colon was removed on March 4 because of bleeding diverticula---Sort of major surgery and worse than I thought. Two parts of the scar are open and have to be packed and bandaged twice daily. Doctor says it'll take 6 weeks to heal---one is 2" deep.

I keep writing telling posters donot take rectal bleeding lightly---it can kill you just with the loss of blood.
All rectal bleeding needs to be checked out. I pasted out in the ER due to blood loss.

Take care of yourself!!

God Bless---Harry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2002, 10:50 AM   #3

Angie E HB User
Re: Harry: Just checking in...

MY GOD Harry! How horrible. I knew you had problems with diverticulitis, but for goodness sake, I didn't know it was that bad. Are you OK now? When my mother had several feet of her colon removed, they had to leave her open to be packed as well, and I know that can be absolutely miserable. Do you have pain medication? How can you sit up to type? Holy moly...never mind...don't answer this...go straight to bed, do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars!
Angie E

Closed Thread