It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2002, 03:20 PM   #1

tummyache HB User
I have something to help!!!

If you suffer from IBS, listen to what my doctor told me that REALLY WORKS!!! You just have to be dedicated to sticking to the diet. Read below:

To the person who posted about having severe cramping (like labor pains), diahrrea, breaking out in a sweat, etc. etc. I COMPLETLY UNDERSTAND YOUR PAIN!!!! I have suffering from IBS for almost 10 years now and I think I've finally got a handle on it from a very wise (much older than most doctors these days) gastro doctor that I saw a couple of weeks ago.
I was in tears. I am a young wife and mother of three small children, work at home and take care of my kids. My life was miserable. My daughters were always asking me if I had a tummy ache because they knew I was always in pain. Let me tell you, as a mother of 3....what you are experiencing is VERY MUCH THE SAME as labor pains. To me, the people on this list who's pain only lasted for an hour or so before they were able to have a bowel movement are lucky! (I know that doesn't sound very nice...but hear me out) My pains would go anywhere from 20 minutes up to 5-6 hours before I could get a bowel movement. It was awful and was impacting my life.

Finally, I broke down a couple of weeks ago and saw a gastro doc because I couln't take it anymore and the meds that I was taking (Librax) was no longer helping me. I had lost almost 15 lbs. in ONE MONTH. I was ready for any test he was to put me through and I'm not even 30! Colonoscopy, gastro tests, you name it...I was ready. I was in tears in his office.

Do you know what he said to me? He said that I needed to simply eat right. I needed to concentrate on eating 5 vegetable servings a day and 2 fruit servings a day. After I had eaten all that, then I could eat anything else I wanted if I felt like it. I was shocked and thought to myself, "This guy doesn't know what the hell he's talking about." He also gave me NuLev which is a high concentration pill that dissolves under your tongue for cramping. You can take as much as you want when the pain comes.

I tried this new diet....and guess what! By the second day I was like a new person. Energy, vibrant, no cramping, regular bowel movements that DIDN'T HURT, and I had myself back. It was like a miracle. I have been that way ever since. As long as I eat my 5 veggies and 2 fruits and drink lots of water (even tea, gatorade and stuff like that can count as water intake) then I'm good to go. Healthy and ready for anything! NO MORE PAIN!!! Try it, you'll see it really works.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2002, 07:12 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: I have something to help!!!

Very interesting---you just needed more FIBER. Please keep us informed about your progress.

God Bless---Harry

Closed Thread