It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2002, 07:34 AM   #1
Inactive

darlene HB User
IBS & Spastic Colon

I have a question here, are IBS and spastic colon the same? I was diagnosed with spactic colon about 40 plus years ago, it was something that would act up for awhile and then go away. Now I'm told I have IBS so am wondering if they are the same, now that I'm older the IBS is certainly worse than the spastic colon symptoms were. I also have diverticuli- meaning pockets in the colon but are not infected, yet. also have Fibromyalgia which I know is usually accompanied with IBS.

Darlene

Old 03-16-2002, 09:11 AM   #2
Unregistered

Re: IBS & Spastic Colon

Hi,

Yes, spastic colon and IBS are the same thing. IBS is the trendy name for it nowadays. Spastic colon does not really have the same ring to it!!

Sarah

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2002, 04:45 PM   #3
(female)

babesbarn HB User

Try some George's Aloe Vera. It really helps.

Old 03-27-2002, 06:38 PM   #4

Donna S HB User

Darlene
I had my gallbladder out 16 years ago, and they told me i had the colon thing also, because i had to go to the bath room after every time i ate, well as the years went by they called IBS, i told them i didnt' have any of this until i had my gallballder out, both my daughters had their galbladder out and now they have the same problem i have, so when we all go out to eat its like a race to the bath room and the husbands i guess will never get use to it, personally i think it has something with my galballader being out, i know other people with the same thing and guess what they all lost their gallballder. well guess you heard enough on gallballder.ha hope you get to feeling better, Donna

Old 03-31-2002, 07:49 AM   #5

Angie E HB User

Many people who have had their gallbladder removed, have diarrhea problems. Dr.'s usually prescribe a drug called Questran to relieve this problem. May you and your daughters should look into this...I know, fighting for the bathroom is not much fun!

Angie E

Closed Thread