It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2002, 02:53 PM   #1
Veteran

Angelene HB User
Should I bother seeing a new doc?

I saw a dr over a year ago who "diagnosed" my condition as IBS. I had a flex sig and he was satisfied that I didn't have any diseases, and told me just to deal with it. Don't we love doctors?

Anyway, I have C type IBS and I did not have a bm all through the month of december. I tried lots of water, fiber therapy (which I have been doing since this diagnosis over a year ago) and I finally resorted to enemas, which didn't produce anything mentionable. Like I said in another post, I was able to go once I got my period at the end of the month.

I'm just wondering, is it worth it to try to explain all of this if I go to a new doctor, or should I just continue doing fiber therapy and trying to control my diet more? I know these GI's are given such a bad rep...they seem to brush off this condition and I can't decide if it's worth the $15 copay and possible drugs that don't work...

Any advice?

Old 01-15-2002, 04:53 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: Should I bother seeing a new doc?

Angelene,
I would see another Doctor. You just never know when you might find one that is really interested in your problems??? As you know it certainly is not normal what you are going through.

I have recntly started taking some calcium/magnesium tablets that my doctor recommended and really doesn't take very much to constipate a person with a sluggish GI tract. I think what you have to do is question everything you eat. You may just be eating something that is the cause of your presistent problem. But, I'm with you it is very difficult to find a Doctor that you're satisfied with!!!

I wish you the best----Harry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2002, 07:31 PM   #3

skitzosheepiac HB User
Re: Should I bother seeing a new doc?

Yah, it's annoying.
When I got diagnosed with IBS my only symptoms were stomach cramps, sometimes loose movements and bad nausea.
Nausea isn't even a major component of IBS i'm told.
I believe my doctor because we've ruled out most of the other possibilities. I still have my doubts though.

Closed Thread