It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2001, 12:44 PM   #1

potato59 HB User
More constipated than diarhhea

PLEASSSEE!! Dont tell me to take metamucil or any product that has pysillium husk in it like that....i got severely constipated worse with it, and i already suffer from constipation. I never get diahhrea....my stools became rock hard and i hurt so much trying to have a bm that i just begged God to help me with tears in my eyes...Is there something else for constipation thats natural? I drink aloe vera juice, but it helps only a little.

Old 11-26-2001, 03:13 PM   #2
(male)

HRH HB User
Re: More constipated than diarhhea

Sounds like you need to drink alot of water. My experience with constipation as well as Metamucil is that you have to drink water.....

Also, eating prunes or drinking prune juice will help with constipation.

<p>[This message has been edited by HRH (edited 11-26-2001).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2001, 07:49 PM   #3
Veteran

Angelene HB User

I KNOW WHERE YOU'RE COMING FROM!!

I've been in the same place. Rock hard stools that just stay in place. My solution for the problem is use an enema to clean yourself out and then START DRINKING WATER. And take Citrucel (not the sugar free!!) not metamucil--they are different fibers. I dont take it every day, just when I feel I might be getting backed up. Water is KEY. I try to drink as much as I can--at least 3 glasses a day. Usually more. You will feel a huge difference in the way your body works when you add water to your daily routine.

enemas are only my solution when I screw up and end up in pain. I usually get back pain that shoots down my right leg and its really unbearable, I can't sit, stand or lie down. That's really the last straw, b/c using an enema is almost worse than dealing with the constipation. I'm saying that only to keep you from abusing them--they aren't a medication to be used frequently, only use them if necessary!

Good luck, and keep posting.

------------------
I'm not a newbie!! I'm a senior member but my account got messed up!! So...Yeah.
"There's only us, there's only this: forget regret, or life is yours to miss. No other road, no other way, No Day But Today!" --Rent

Old 12-01-2001, 10:53 AM   #4

potato59 HB User

OH DEAR!!! I drink a gallon of water a day! seriously i do. And i'm still with the hard dry stools and only go once every 3 days......and with the use of metamucil and the psyillium husk stuff i still have dry hard stools...and i eat veggies! I had no idea that metamucil and citrucel are different...i will try that one then. And i will try the enema too since i havent tried that.

Closed Thread