It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2002, 11:29 AM   #1

frank_j HB User
Is this IBS?

I have had extremely bad pains in the bowel area and diaria for years now and I have been suffering from extreme fatigue, headaches and joint pains. I began researching and i thought i might have chronic fatigue syndrome. I went to the doctor and i had extensive tests on my colon and bowel area and he has said i must have IBS. I told him about my other symptoms but he didn't make a big deal out of them. So I am now on no medication and have been told that I will have to live like this. Can IBS cause all these other symptoms e.g. EXTREME fatigue which is constant, it is affecting my life enormously. Can it also cause bach ache, joint pain and a constant sense of "fogginess" in my head which i feel all day. Thank You.

Old 05-23-2002, 01:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Katie G HB UserKatie G HB User
Re: Is this IBS?

Hi, Frank. Yes, all the symptoms you describe can definitely be part of IBS. Actually your entire package of symptoms sound like fibromyalgia, which IBS is only one part of. There is a message board for fibromyalgia here on this site you may find helpful. I too have chronic and sometimes severe fatigue, muscle/joint pains, headaches, "fogginess" and IBS. If you do have fibromyalgia, be prepared to learn to live with it, and find remedies that work for you. Sometimes diet and/or lifestyle changes, herbal therapies, alternative medicine, certain medications, exercise, and multivitamins help deal with it a little easier. Try to find a doctor who understands fibro and IBS; otherwise you will never find the relief you need. Some doctors don't seem too concerned about our problems when all the tests run on us come back "normal." Rheumatologists are one place to start in learning about fibromyalgia. My doc is just a family physician, but he understands about fibro and IBS and works with me to find some relief.

Good luck to you,
Katie G

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2002, 05:24 PM   #3
Veteran

6th_sense HB User
Re: Is this IBS?

I think my IBS is similar to yours frank, except for the joint pains.

Cheers, Raju.

Closed Thread