It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2002, 04:42 PM   #1

mcfadden4 HB User
Results of my tests today!

Hi,

Thanks to everyone who helped me trough the prep part last night. It was rough but the exam was a piece of cake. I was totally sedated and am still a little sleepy.

Here are my results: The doctor found 3 polyps. (Pretty sure they are not malignant, but are being sent off.) Because he found one right inside, he did the total colonoscopy instead of the Flexible Sig.
He also found Diverticulosis. Also he mentioned and wrote down something else that I couldn't read that began with an M like Melanosis? Does anyone know what that is? I have an appt. with him in two weeks in his office. In the mean time he put me on a high fiber diet, of course, and NO NUTS or SEEDS! Boo,hoo, I love popcorn. He also said my colon was SEVERELY spastic. I didn't know they could tell that by the exam, but he that's what he said.

Anyway I'm glad it's over and now at least I know what is wrong.

Thanks again to all those who answered questions for me.

Many Blessings!

Old 06-25-2002, 06:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: Results of my tests today!

Mc---I know you're glad it's over. Some people are a little sore in their colon for a day or so. You're right while you are sedated---your colon is too---they can't see spasms or a spastic colon. They use some unusual words in an exam like unremakeable, hyperpastic(pre-----pre cancerous). There is something called Melanosis Coli--it is deposits of brown pigment in the colon lining/mucosa usually causd by long term use of laxatives and sometimes seen during scope exams.

What a surprise ----FIBER supplement! What kind did he recommend??? Of course I think everybody should take it---as you Know.Taking FIBER allowed me to eat seeds and nuts So who really knows. I have found popcorn a little abrasive but in moderation ok.

I know you are relieved!!

God Bless---Harry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2002, 07:16 PM   #3

mcfadden4 HB User

He put me on Fibercon - 2 pills 3x a day. That sounds like a little much to me. Does it you?

Anyway, I'm really ready to try to get better.

Thanks for all your information. I always learn so much from you, Harry.

Blessings!

Old 06-25-2002, 10:45 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

Hi Mc,
Thanks I just read alot about bowel problems because I've had so much---Gee I'm just an Electrical Engineer but I do know where I can find information. You know this is a peer support board and it has helped me alot.

FiberCon is a synthetic fiber(calcium polycarbophil) and is not water soluble it acts like an insoluble fiber. It does not breakdown by intestinal bacteria and therefore does not ferment---no GAS.

I have read of some people with diarrhea that this remedy was the only thing that helped but I personally have never taken it.But, I don't have your problem ---YET. I like water soluble fiber supplements. The same thing as FiberCon is available as products including Mitrolan and Equalactin.

It hope it helps you???

God Bless---Harry

Closed Thread