It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2002, 05:57 AM   #1
Unregistered

Good News

After my last Doc visit my Doc was hopeful that drug treatment for us suffers might be available soon. As a matter of fact one is available outside the US already so hold on helps on the way.
These are the names of Phase 3 tested meds.currently slated to be released for IBS treatment.
The 5HT4 agonist Tegaserod on the market outside the US.
The 5HT4 agonist Prucalopride
And 5HT4 HTF919 Zelmac
Theres also is a med past Phase3 testing called Fedotozine wich should be of great help. These are just a few you can ask your Dr. about. Mine has been involved with research at his Clinic he also said my name was on a list so that when treatment becomes available a letter will be shot out to inform me.
So I hope this encourages you and that our days of suffering will be coming to an end very soon.
Remember most of all trust God the giver of all wisdom. The rest will come easy.

Peace Roadstar
Peace Roadstar

Old 05-06-2002, 11:16 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Katie G HB UserKatie G HB User
Re: Good News

Wow roadstar that's great! Are the drugs for the "D" or "C" kind of IBS? I've suffered "D" for years but in the last 3 months have had great success with Colestid. Hope these new drugs will work as well for IBS sufferers. Thanks for the info.

Katie G

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2002, 01:27 PM   #3
Unregistered

Re: Good News

Yes these new drugs are both for treating symptoms of "D" and "C". Remember to ask your Dr. for any info on release date. And don't hesitate to show him/her what you find on the web.

Peace Roadstar

Closed Thread