It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2002, 05:42 PM   #1

unique HB User
Blood in stool

I have been constipated these past few days and last night my bowels had blood (bright, red liquid type). I always have the urge to defecate lately. This morning, I cannot see my poops at all coz of the bright red blood in the toilet. The toilet paper appeared as if I have my period. The bleeding was really heavy. I do not have any medical insurance nor money to spend to go to the doctor. I do not have any intense pain or anything like that---just the urge to defecate. I am thinking it could be anal fissure brought by my constipation...any opinion?

Old 05-28-2002, 06:29 AM   #2

nail_tech_vic HB User
Re: Blood in stool

OK, I'm in just about the same thing as you. I say don't worry about it. Ofcorse the doctors would not say this but heres my story.
I've had brite blood in mine for 15 years. I went to the doctors and they stuck something in every hole I have and couldn't find anything. I got so tired of doctor's I JUST QUITE GOING. When I had my daughter; the first week home, I lifted something and my intestines came out. I went to my doctor 3 times in one week. She just said to stay off my feet. So my grandmother had to come stay with me. Finally when i went to butt doctor(sorry I don't know what you call them) but he said this is your intestines, and to use COLD WATER AND ICE; in one day I was back on my feet! I was using hot bath water, trying to get this to go back. DIDN'T WORK. So that's how it started. Anyways I have the hard and then runs, sometimes I'm on and off the pop for 4 to 6 hours. The bleeding is really bad, and this year, it even started going on my clothes.
Well my grandmother said; as long as it red, that means your breaking something when you go, if it was dark that means your bleeding inside, that's trouble.
So the bleeding come and gos and i just put up with the ibs. I know a doctor would freak out if he hurd me say this; but lots of time, I THINK they are just after your money.

By the way, my daughter is 15. So let's just hope you broke something small that day, take care!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread