It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2001, 06:20 PM   #1

mackyhutt HB User
To Harry

Hi Harry - I'm new here, and have been reading all these posts and have realized that you are a very knowledgeable and wise man. I have a question to you about Modulon - I got a prescription from my gastroenterologist the other day, yet don't know a lot about it. I am asking you because you seem to have a lot of resources regarding IBS. Can you help?

Old 10-03-2001, 10:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: To Harry

Hi,
Thanks for the compliments!!!
I think Modulon is marketed in Canada and not in the States. You can do a search on *********** or ask your pharmacist about what it is suppose to do. I called my local drug store and they don't sell it.

Sorry---Harry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2001, 06:05 AM   #3

mackyhutt HB User

Sorry Harry! Stupid me never even considered it being a canadian drug. You are right though, I found some research on it. Here is a bit for you to read and this will be helpful to all you other canadians suffering from IBS:

Trimebutine Maleate, also called Modulon

Usually prescribed for the treatment of symptoms of IBS, and to regulate the movement of the intestinal tract...

There are few or no side effects when taking this medication, although it does cause drowsiness. But I personally think drowsiness is a fair exchange from running to the washroom every five minutes...

I've been on it for a week now and have had regular bowel movements. I NEVER have regular bowel movements. Now, whether it will continue, I'll have to wait and see. I'll keep you updated. Any other canadians had this?

Old 10-04-2001, 06:06 AM   #4

mackyhutt HB User

P.S. Thanks for the effort Harry! I can't believe you even called your pharmacy for me! That's dedication!
Thanks again.

Old 10-04-2001, 10:32 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

You know I am a Great believer in taking a water soluble fiber supplement like Metamucil or Citrucel. Both regulates your BMs weather its constipation or diarrhea and they are both safe to take daily.
There are also no side effects!!

Harry

Closed Thread