It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2002, 07:22 PM   #1

ridge_runner16 HB User
undiagnosed

Hoping someone with similar symptoms can help me out.

I have served in the military for 16 years now. 7 years ago while stationed in Turkey I got very sick. I was medivaced to Germany but no diagnosis. I continued to be sick for about two years then it subsided. I am currently on the third relapse and it is always the same symptoms. These include often bowl movements (consistancy varies), constantly feel everything moving with gurgling and burning throughout the GI track, dizziness (especially after eating and bowl movement), brain fog, vibrating headache (especialy when talking), tingling in the back of the head, can hear rushing/gurgling sounds in back of head after eating or before bowl movement, about 30 min to 1 hr after eating have poping sensation under the breast bone on left side that takes my breath away for a second,weight loss, constantly fatigued.

I have had more test ran than most humans could ever imagine and currently going through a brand new round at the Mayo Clinic. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. This illness interupts every aspect of my life and if not diagnosed or controlled I will soon be put out of the military.

Old 02-20-2002, 10:31 AM   #2

Shel HB User
Re: undiagnosed

Have you been tested for Food Allergies?

Well I hope they find something out. Sounds scary. Good luck!

Shel

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2002, 06:38 PM   #3

ridge_runner16 HB User

Thanks. Went through three rounds of allergy testing to include celliac disease.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shel:
<B>Have you been tested for Food Allergies?

Well I hope they find something out. Sounds scary. Good luck!

Shel</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old 02-25-2002, 01:46 PM   #4

minora HB User

Your conditions sound like Crohn's Disease. I'm sure you have been tested for that, but sometimes it does not show up well in tests (as in my example, upper and lower GI did not show - colonoscopy showed Crohn's in large intestines - but we didn't find the Crohn's in my small intestines until I had an MRI - total time to diagnose was 1-1/2 years). Good luck.

Closed Thread