It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2002, 09:32 PM   #1
(female)

Zimm HB User
Any info??

Hi, I've posted before and the folks are so generous with their help, I thought I'd try again. I have had some pretty rough weeks lately with IBS, it seems to have gotten better now but, at the risk of seeming really dumb, I'd like to ask if anyone has had this problem. On my right side, just under my ribs I get a stitch, no pain, just once in a while this "stitch" or like a throb, I think it's gas trapped in the upper right side, but since it's in the area where I think the gall bladder is, it's got me a little concerned, does anyone else get this? Please let me know because I'm really worried. Thanks again!!

Old 05-20-2002, 10:29 PM   #2
Veteran

6th_sense HB User
Re: Any info??

Hi Zimm,

Where exactly is this stitch? Is it near the V of your chest or is it on the side of the rib cage or at the lowest point of the rib cage? Also, does the stitch occur at any particular time, or is it random... (as in just after you eat, before you go to bed, etc.)? Have you suffered from something close to jaundice lately? (ie. Yellowing of your skin, accompanied by a flu)

Cheers, Raju.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2002, 10:36 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

Zimm,
Gallbladder pain usually happens after you have eaten something greasy or anything that really disagrees with you. The pain is caused by the bile from the gallbladder duct empting and may be blocked by a stone ---it is bad most of the time. But, keep tract of it---if it becomes severe---go see a Doctor!!! No one will have to tell you----you'll know!!!

What you describe is more like gas pains in part of your colon. I have the same type for years.Had all kinds of tests---finally Had gallbladder removed, 3 colonscopies, half of my colon was removed on March 4 because of chronic bleeding diverticula (caused no pain). Told the surgeon to look for something on my right side just below ribs ---He said everything looked find in that area.

You know what---I still have the pain now and then. So, you may never know or find out??? The ENIGMA--- I wish you well!!

God Bless---Harry

Old 05-22-2002, 10:49 PM   #4
(female)

Zimm HB User

Hi, the stitch or throb is usually under the rib cage, about where the curve of the colon is, (I think) it isn't always in the same place, but that's the usual place. It doesn't happen at any particular time, like after eating or anything, it just happens. Is there anything that can be taken to ease this? I really appreciate your answering me, this drives me crazy. Thank you!!!

Old 05-23-2002, 08:39 AM   #5
Veteran

6th_sense HB User

Hi Zimm,

It doesn't sound like gall bladder problems like Harry was saying. What it really is - I dunno.

Cheers, Raju.

Closed Thread