It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2002, 03:40 AM   #1
Unregistered

Severe Stomach Pains

Hi,

After having gotten my stomach under control over the past few months, it has been really great until this morning when I woke with terrible stomach pain. The pain is located on top of my belly button and is quite constant and severe. I do not have any diarrhea and am not constipated. Thinking that this might have been the cause, I went and sat on the toilet for a while to open my bowels. However, the pain is just as bad after having opened my bowels as it was before.

I don't think I have a fever at present. I do feel a bit nauseous but have not vomited. I suppose generally, I feel unwell in myself and I just wondered if anyone had any ideas?

Thanks

Sarah

Old 05-15-2002, 05:19 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: Severe Stomach Pains

Sarah,

I would take a dose of Bryonia.

Take Care---Harry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2002, 07:29 AM   #3

Frustrated1 HB User

well, I can only speculate, could it be some sensistivity to a trigger food. Similarly a Nauseous feeling, abdominal pains, fatigue and just a general blah (OK not a scientific term) feeling
Does it occur when you eat on an empty stomach? Does it occur or a\have some relation to the size of the meal

Old 05-19-2002, 03:42 PM   #4
Unregistered

Hi,

I think I had some trapped gas that was making my belly hurt so much.

I went and sat on the toilet for a bit and my belly was a lot better afterwards. Thanks Harry. I took some Bryonia after my BM and it worked a treat.

Thanks

Sarah

Closed Thread