It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2002, 04:40 PM   #1

Spirit HB User
Can not stand it anymore!

Do I have IBS? I always feel constipated. I have some of a movement in the mornings but later in the day it feels like I need to go again. But nothing happens. Al the docs did was xray me and say yep your full of bowel. Duh! I get lower abdomen bloat-and feels like it won;t reach my rectum to come out. This is gross but I have to dig it out. Sorry! Fiber worsens the problem. When I get really bad i end up taking a laxative than I get the runs. I also get the chills and the bloating is still there. I feel like I dump to fast and it gets stuck. What can I do? I feel like my inners are all inflamed or something. I just feel so yucky. I also jump at loud noises and don;t know why-i feel all jittery inside at times. Thanks for listening to me complain.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2002, 12:09 PM   #2

Rose66 HB User
Re: Can not stand it anymore!

HI, Well you sound like me!!! Your not complaining your just fed up!!!!! I know it sounds gross but I have to dig it out as well...There are times I sit on the bowl for hours and I start crying...I've done the x-rays and the Dr. said the same thing that I'm full, and I need more fibre, yeah right!!! I'm fed up of citrucel, metamucil and fiber this and fiber that....I was told that I had irritable bowl duh!!!!

I've been using Shaklee Herb-Lax I take 3 pills before I go to bed and the next morning I'm good. It doesn't happen everyday but If I can go at least once a week I'm happy.

I hope you get relief!!!

(Please do not list advertisement links on the boards.)<p>[This message has been edited by moderator4 (edited 04-04-2002).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2002, 12:48 PM   #3

Spirit HB User

Rosie66,
I love shaklee vitamins-but have always been leary of the herblax cause of the senna in it. I did find out I had hemmoroids-an scheduled for a colonspy Tues. Ugh!
I am doing the shaklee fiber now and lots of c for the hemorroids. I also took 2 primrose lastnight and went good. Glad you found some relief!

Old 03-16-2002, 08:24 AM   #4
Inactive

darlene HB User

This is such a gross subject so early in the morning, but I have a questions for you all. I start out with the "terrible" stomach cramping and severe pain, told my doctor the pressure was worse than labor pains. So it starts out as if I'm constipated, after the first part passes, which is normal, then the diharrea starts. I actually pray for the diaharrea to start because once it gets started the pain starts going away, no more pressure. I also sometimes get very nauseated while waiting for it to start, then get the chills, feel weak, break out in a sweat. Sound familar?, or is this something else? I have Fibromyalgia and I know the two of these seem to go together.

Old 04-01-2002, 03:08 PM   #5

tscott71267 HB User

You sound just like me. The terrible, terrible pain and yes, praying for the diarrea to start. The chills, sweating and even throwing up from the pain. I don't know if it's the best thing for me, but after trying every prescription and non-prescription out there, the first time I got pregnant my doctor told me to use Milk of Magnesia and now, as long as I take a swig EVERY night, I'm fine the next day. It all comes out easily with no pain or cramping at all. Granted, once in a great, great while, for some reason it doesn't work, but that's only about 3 or 4 times a year. Much better than the every day nightmare I used to live through. Hope this helps some!

Old 04-04-2002, 04:59 PM   #6
Unregistered

I have found some relief using Rutin. I take two a day. It works better for me than anything else I have tried.

Old 04-04-2002, 07:02 PM   #7

Spirit HB User

Hi!
Your trying rutin-I thought that was for hemmoroids. I have some will give it a try.Thanks!

Closed Thread