It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2002, 03:29 PM   #1

repairman HB User
bloating

I recently have developed this bloating also. Doesn't take very much to kick it in. I was told I had IBS many years ago when they couldn't find anything else wrong with me. Along with the bloating I have developed a pain in my left side that seems to move from from to back and occasionally down into the groin area. That two has been going on for several years. I was wondering if anyone else had these symptoms. The bloating is new.

Old 03-06-2002, 11:28 AM   #2
Unregistered

Re: bloating

Hi,

Both some of the pain and the bloating could be trapped gas in your belly or constipation. Do you have constipation, because if that happens your belly can become very bloated and sore? This only happened to me once and my belly was enormous and really hurt for two days at least before I could open my bowels. It then resolved.

If you are constipated then increase your fluid intake, prune juice and metamucil on a daily basis until you are opening your bowels normally.

Don't know whether your IBS causes you a lot of problems, but may like to consider taking Acidophilis or live yoghurt to help promote the good bacteria in the gut. I have been taking these for several months now and I very rarely have bellyaches anymore and my bowels are back to normal - soft formed stools with daily opening.

Try it and see if it helps.

Take care

Sarah

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2002, 07:06 AM   #3

repairman HB User
Re: bloating

I go both ways on the C & D. Generally if I don't eat a couple of meals and then have a big one it gives me D or maybe I should say loose bowel as it is generally is a one time occurence. Sitting seems to agreviate the condition. I was doing a lot of driving and it was extremely painful for several days but then let up a little on its own. I have had pain in the lower left side both front and back but I can't say that it doesn't move around a little. The groin area metioned is the tendon or whatever that ties your hip socket together (wow now there's a explaination that no one will probably be able to figure out)Anyway, that seems to be painful but if you apply pressure on it it releives the pain some what. I've tried streaching excersises etc. Helped a little for a while but not doing much now. This has been going on for years but doesn't seem right. Also I tend to eat to get rid on the discomfort in my belly. Is this due to IBS?

Closed Thread