It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2001, 02:10 PM   #1

teacher23 HB User
is constant nausea associated w/ IBS?

I recently posted some other messages but here is my major concern.

The diarrhea isn't all the time but happens enough to be worrisome. What is even more worrisome is the nausea. It is the worst in the morning (sometimes burning or acidy) and sometimes goes away after i eat (if i even have an appetite). But other times it is a dull sickening feeling in the middle of the day. This summer there has only been a few days when i haven't had it. Do any of you diarrhea IBS sufferers have this problem?? You may want to check out my other symptoms in my previous posting too, because this is not all.

thanks so much

Old 07-26-2001, 07:21 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: is constant nausea associated w/ IBS?

Hi,
Nausea is not usually associated with IBS but when you have it ---it does make much difference why you have it --you just want to not have it. As you know --it can make you feel BAD!!
The best thing that I have found for nausea is a homeopathic remedy: Ipecacuanha 30X taken several times.
You can buy it from most health food stores.

For diarrhea I like psyllium and I take the Equate brand from Wal Mart.
It is a water soluble fiber supplement that is a bulk stool forming agent that will help regulate your BMs. Just start off with one dose and increase it until you get a gentle BM without straining. It does produce gas at first but as your system gets use to it---the gas will go away. You also have to drink the amount of water you should drink anyway 6 to 8 --8oz glasses daily.

Your GI system requires FIBER to properly function and I think most people don't get enough in their daily diet. Taking Psyllium seed husk is a simple, healthy thing to do for your digestive system.
God Bless---Harry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2001, 05:26 PM   #3

Annalein18 HB User

I have the nausea, as well. It is my most unsettling symptom and is almost constant. It is definitely worse during times of stress, which during certain periods of my life has been all the time! Only recently have I been experiencing some days without nausea. It's a miracle. One thing you might consider is food allergies and sensitivity. I cut out carbohydrates for a period of about 2 weeks ago and during that time, I was nausea free for the first time in over a year! I must have some kind of intolerance, though I'm still not sure what exactly it is. My doctor thought I had a yeast overgrowth in my intestines which is why I cut out carbs and discovered I was feeling so much better! It has been the only time in over a year that I have been free of the dull, sickening feeling. Good luck to you...

Old 08-04-2001, 11:48 AM   #4

Markr HB User

Harry that is not accurate,Nausea is often a debilitaing symptom which must be investigated, My GP and gastro Dr. tells me that many IBS sufferes have this. I have had alot of recent nausea and upper abdominal pain especially after I eat coupled with constant bowel changes. Since mid 2000 I have had fecal occult tests, colonosopy, Endoscopy(x2) Abdominal ct scan, Upper Gi(x2 over a year)tons of bloodwork and numerous ultrasounds. The only thing I have is Gerd and 2 duodenal ulcers which were caused by h pylori and have been eradicated back in 2000. I had a second endoscope 3 months ago which was all clear. I hate the pain and especially the nausea.

Closed Thread