It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2002, 02:54 PM   #1

ascension HB User
help for bloating and gas

I was just curious if anyone could offer adivce for bloating and gas. I've just started taking the acidophilus pills but was wondering how long you have to take them to start feeling better? I don't feelo much different yet. Any suggestions would be awesome. Also, is there a BEST time to take them or amount?
Thanks, Bethany

Old 07-03-2002, 03:12 PM   #2
Unregistered

Re: help for bloating and gas

Hi,

I don't know how long you have been taking the Acidophilis, but sometimes it can take about a week to notice a difference.

Hopefully, when you bought them they would have come from a fridge? Hopefully you keep them in the fridge? If not, they will not be much good as heat kills bacteria. It is normally recommended that you take them on an empty stomach, keep them in the fridge and do not take them with hot drinks, as this kills bacteria.

Peppermint water sipped is quite good for a bloated belly too. If you are constipated it should help, as it relaxes the sphincter muscles.

Hope this helps?

Sarah

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2002, 03:21 PM   #3

ascension HB User

thanks for the respone Sarah. I've been taking it for almost a week. I bought them off a shelf from a GNC health store... but I do keep them in the fridge. Do you think they are still good? The bottle says to take them an hour after meals, does it work better on an empty stomache? And one more questions - how many is good to take a day. Thanks for any advice!! I appriciate it.

Old 07-04-2002, 12:20 PM   #4
Unregistered

Hi,

If I were you, I would go and buy some more from the cold cabinet if I were you. They may not be good if you bought them off the shelf.

It is probably better to take them on an empty stomach, I always do, as they are better absorbed. Also, to take about two to three caps a day is good.

Good luck

Sarah

Closed Thread